iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whatcha Sawin' 2024 ??

Started by Magicman, December 31, 2023, 05:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wlmedley

Pretty well have gotten all the logs I had scattered around my place sawn up and stacked except this walnut. I saved it for last and need to decide how to cut it.May cut crotch off and saw it separately.Log is 25" in forestryforum.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=353561][/url]
Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,Yamaha Grizzly 450,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter

TimW

I have a chance to bid on a Cypress log about 15 foot long and about 34 inches in diameter.
What's a good bid price to offer?  If I get it, what should I cut it into?
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

beenthere

Quote from: TimW on Yesterday at 03:07:30 PMI have a chance to bid on a Cypress log about 15 foot long and about 34 inches in diameter.
What's a good bid price to offer?  If I get it, what should I cut it into?

Think you will need the answer to the "cut it into" question first. 

Price would be up to your wallet and feeling good about it. But a $10 bid sounds good to me.  ffcool
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WV Sawmiller

Tim,

Is it delivered or do you have to pick up the cypress log? Do you have any customers wanting cypress? 

If not I would bid low and be happy if I got it but not worry if I didn't.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

TimW

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on Yesterday at 09:51:39 PMTim,

Is it delivered or do you have to pick up the cypress log? Do you have any customers wanting cypress?

If not I would bid low and be happy if I got it but not worry if I didn't.
Howard,
I have to go get it.  The folks cutting it down or digging it up would load it.  No customers, but I am sure someone in H town would want something.
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

WV Sawmiller

Tim,

Looks like about 800 bf estimate for yield. I'd offer him $100 if I had to pick it up. If he agrees and you sell it you've done good if you can't sell it you haven't lost much. If he says no you haven't lost anything.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

TimW

Thanks Howard!  I will do that.

Peter Drouin

Is it a yard tree, near a house?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

olcowhand

More lovely Maple Burl....

IMG_4541.jpg
IMG_4544.jpg

IMG_4548.jpg

IMG_4549.jpg
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Thank You Sponsors!