iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help Identify Tulsa Winch with Capstan

Started by IamTicketMan, November 30, 2011, 10:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IamTicketMan

Can anyone help me identify this winch? It's attached to an old Mack truck I'm trying to buy. I'd like to know the size and model to help me estimate its value so I can come up with an offer to approach to the seller with. Once I buy it I hope to find someone who appreciates older machinery likes this. If I don't sell it and it works I may just buy a big truck and use it myself. Any help would be appreciated.

Bill Gaiche

IamTicketMan, welcome. You might call or e-mail Tulsa winch or
http://www.tulsawinch.net/
Good luck,bg

thecfarm

That looks HUGH. Looks like a belt could be run off it too? I like that old stuff.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

IamTicketMan

Thanks for the replies. I'll try Tulsa once I get some more of the numbers off of it.

I like the old stuff too. Hate to see it go for scrap. That's why I'd like to try and identify it to see if anybody still uses them and wants it.

Does anybody know? Is this model winch still used today or has it become obsolete?

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, IamTicketMan.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bill m

Looks like it was designed to also run rope on the end drum.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

sandhills

Any chance we could see pictures of the whole rig?  That thing looks right up my alley  :).

Ironwood

I would be interested in just the capstan drum, I traded one off a few years back and wised I hadnt.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Thank You Sponsors!