iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New bow string

Started by jdtuttle, October 24, 2011, 06:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdtuttle

I was going hunting yesterday with my Daughter & Brother. Got my bow out & the string was ready to break. So I couldn't hunt  :(. Luckily the archery store was open at noon. I went in with the intention of replacing the cable & string on my Mathews, walked out with a new Mathews Extreme Z7. I can't believe how smooth & fast these new bows are. It's sighted in & I can't wait to get back in the woods. 8)
Jim
Have a great day

beenthere

jd
They are quite the bow...at least I like mine real well too.  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Coon

I haven't even got my pointy stick shooter out lately.  I just got an old PSE that works for me for now.  I'd like to have a new Matthews bow but most dealers around here would have to order one in for me as I am a LEFTY.  ;D  I did however get my crossbow out the other day and got it all sighted in and ready for action.  This winter I want to make a new stock for it and mount a scope on it.  Need to find some wood for it first.  We don't have any real stable hardwoods around these parts that will work for one that I know of.

Do you use Luminoks on your arrows for hunting?
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

jdtuttle

QuoteThey are quite the bow...at least I like mine real well too.
The archery shop can't keep em in stock. When he was setting mine up another guy came in & bought the last one.
jim
Have a great day

Weekend_Sawyer

How old was your old bow?

I went from using an old browning that was almost 20 years old to a
new Bear Truth 2 years ago and was amazed how much better my shooting is.

Ah modern technology.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

treefarmer87

All the new bows bear,matthews,pse,diamond,etc are great bows. they are super quick too. i have my eyes on the bow madness series by PSE and the outlaw by bowtech/diamond :)
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

jdtuttle

QuoteHow old was your old bow?

It was a Mathews Q2XL 2003 model. Great shooting bow but only had a 60% let off. I really like the 80% let off. The new bow draws 62 lbs alot easier for some reason. Been having trouble with my shoulder but this bow doesn't bother it. Taking off work 2nd week of November. Rut is heavy then ;D
jim
Have a great day

Thank You Sponsors!