iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Life is Good

Started by WV Sawmiller, April 06, 2018, 09:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

Wife, 12 y/o granddaughter and I went to Charlotte for a couple days to visit daughter, SIL and grandson. Got back last night and when I got up this morning I spotted the horse and mule relaxing in the pasture above the house. They found a nice spot in the sun near the water trough (old bathtub hooked filled by a spring uphill) and laid down to watch the world go by. The mule does this often but the horse does not lay down near as often.

There are several spots in the pasture where they both like to roll and help get shed of some of their loose hair and scratch what itches. The hair off the big old palomino looks almost white. The black mule gets to looking almost red at sometimes of the year when he gets into the mud.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

mike_belben

Theyve got the right idea :)
Praise The Lord

Southside

The two Bassets and the Beagle were sacked out the same way in the sun yesterday.  Good ole hounds.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

thecfarm

Here's my two critters.

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

moodnacreek

Mike B. , That is as good as it gets.

mike_belben

Yeah its the little things.  Fat old dog is getting bossy in his old age.  He and i have shed a lot of hair together since he was born.  Had to shoot his sister this winter.  Miss her a lot and regret that she didnt get spoiled like he is now.  
Praise The Lord

RjMaan

Yeah man, really nice picture. It is good to take rest in sunlight.

Roxie

Quote from: mike_belben on April 07, 2018, 11:04:46 PM
Yeah its the little things.  Fat old dog is getting bossy in his old age.  He and i have shed a lot of hair together since he was born.  Had to shoot his sister this winter.  Miss her a lot and regret that she didnt get spoiled like he is now.  
@mike_belben  what happened to bossy's sister?
Say when

mike_belben

She went downhill real fast, was a skeleton, freezing at all times and wailing in pain and then lameness from lymes got to where she couldnt get up anymore.  Ran out of credit with the vet and couldnt stand the suffering another day.  The Lord brought just one sunny afternoon of thaw and i knew what it was for.  Boy I turned that hole to mud crying in it. 
Praise The Lord

Roxie

That is heartbreaking. 
Say when

mike_belben

Yeah but i cant complain.  She was a good dog and im happy to have had her.  

Shes under my finest white oak and the kids and i still say hello whenever we go for our little hikes.  

Praise The Lord

jason.weir

I really want to be reincarnated as a dog in my household

Thank You Sponsors!