iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1967 C4 treefarmer seized Ford diesel

Started by 47sawdust, June 16, 2016, 07:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47sawdust

A 1967 C4 treefarmer with a seized motor is for sale for 1K.It's straight and not beat on.I believe the motor is a Ford diesel,16.9x30 tires,1good 3 fair.What kind of money would I be looking at to get it going?End use is for home use.
Thanks for your help.
Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Hiway40frank

Why is it seized? Bottom or top end make a difference in cost also will you rebuild it or pay someone? Easy thing to do is just swap in a new motor if you do the work it could be less than a couple grand.

HiTech

I would say if you are going to do the top then do the bottom also. That Ford probably doesn't have sleeves. May need to have cylinders bored out. Crank polished or ground. Head/valves done also. Seals/gaskets, oil pump, water pump, injectors tested. Maybe even have the injector pump done. $4 to $5 grand. Just did a Ford tractor and it was in that neighborhood. Had to replace the crank so that added some extra. If you do it all then you know what you got and you won't have to keep fiddling with it.

Gary_C

I don't know which Ford motor that has in it, but that Ford BCD 444 and 444T have not been manufactured for about 20 years and parts are scarce. I believe it was made in Brazil and fell victim to the early emission standards for diesels and Ford abandon it.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

North River Energy

I'm gradually rebuilding a later model ford 3cylinder diesel. Had a spun bearing, and extensive water damage that required sleeving. So far I've got about 2500 into outside machine work and parts, and have yet to go through the valves, injectors and pump.
If memory serves, a short block was around 4500+core.
Yours might be the 172?

Ed_K

Call Nash and see if they have a duetz to swap out.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!