iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fiat allis dozer question

Started by cutter88, August 09, 2014, 02:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutter88

I'm looking at buying a fiat allis F8 dozer with a forestry package winch cages, Rops... Not for everyday use just to skid the odd wet spot and build a bit of road? Anybody no anything about them ? Looks like a good solid machine to me
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

loggah

There pretty decent machines,but i think finding parts for them can be a pain!! i know finding any Allis Chalmers, Fiat Allis crawler stuff is pricy when you can find it.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

cutter88

I kinda wondered about that... I was told McDowell equipment outa sudbury Ontario Canada gets fiat allis parts,.. But I'm hoping there basic enough that I won't have to rely real hard on oem stuff I looked into undercarriage parts chains rollers sprockets its all pritty standard stuff
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

luvmexfood

I would check on the parts situation and make sure they were available. May be just the engine was a Fiat design.

I have an old Universal tractor that (I think) was built on a Fiat design. They were sold under several labels such as:Oliver, Allis Chambers and Long. It is still going after 40 years and it has been worked hard and put up wet many times.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

treeslayer2003

is it an allis engine? i have seen fiat loaders with perkins. i have an allis engine in a wheel loader and not had to touch it in 14 years.

Thank You Sponsors!