iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trade Shows

Started by zapperguy, October 28, 2013, 07:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapperguy

I am looking for info on forestry trade shows.  I manufacture and exhibit a tool, some of you may have heard of, the zerk zapper, at farm shows across the country.  I was recently located next to a booth that was forestry related.  They suggested I try talking to some people in the industry because my product would really be appreciated.  So, in my mind trade shows are the best ways to go.  Any ideas on shows or ideas on other ways to let people in the forestry industry know about my tool?

timberlinetree

Try the northern logger association. They put on a show every year.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

John Mc

Where are you located? (I'm assuming you want to start closer to home.)

Farm shows might be a good avenue as well.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

coxy

ok ill take  the bait  ;D  what is a zerk zapper

gologit

Semi-retired...life is good.

rfm7fxfox

It cleans out your grease fittings.....  :)
Dolmar 7900, Ported Dolmar 7910, Ported Johnsered 2172, J-Red 2186, Ported Husky 385, Ported J-Red 2258,Tree Farmer C5D,Timberjack 460 D.A. Grapple, 2015 KMC 2500 Grapple Track Skidder and 2005 Peterbilt 379 Logtruck

Jamie_C

Looks like a neat little tool for hobby people, for the serious industrial people i can't see it getting much use. Easier and cheaper to just replace the grease fitting with a new one.

RCBS

Just got asked for one of these the other day at our sales counter.  Nifty product.  From what I understand it will not only clear the fitting, but also beyond the fitting if there is paraffin buildup...essentially if the fitting won't take grease, hit it with one of these.

Lots of equipment vendors at this show every year: http://www.ohioforest.org/?page=pbsshowfacts

Another opportunity here: http://ohioexpocenter.com/index.php/upcoming-events?task=view_event&event_id=37

...and here: http://fsr.osu.edu/

I usually attend these three shows every year.  Lots of vendors and good turnouts at all.
Echo CS-3400, 550xp, Jonsered 2166, L3130 Kubota, '78 JD 300 backhoe, Kubota RTV900, JD2305, lots of sharp stuff and several firearms

zapperguy

Thank you all very much for the info.  Farm shows is actually what got me here.  I was doing the Empire Farm Days Show in Seneca Falls NY and was next to a company involved in forestry.  We got to talking quite a bit and they said I should look into some shows and that I might get some good info from you guys on this forum.  They obviously were correct!  Also, RCBS thanks for understanding and explaining.  Most people when they first see the tool think it only clears the fitting, but, if that was all it did anyone selling the tool, including me would be out of business.  Saving bearings and labor is why these tools are so popular!

thenorthman

Contact Loggers World magazine, they are a mostly west coast rag, but they seem to know when all the trade shows are and who's who in logging, plus you can advertise there fairly cheap.
well that didn't work

Ed_K

Don't know about (mostly westcoast rag).I have it delievered to me here in Ma  ;D .
Ed K

Brian_Rhoad

treeslayer2003

check out southern loggin times online, you can find all show dates and locations from here to texas.

thenorthman

Quote from: Ed_K on February 01, 2014, 07:43:34 PM
Don't know about (mostly westcoast rag).I have it delievered to me here in Ma  ;D .

I knew they where delivered all over the country, seems a little odd since nearly all of their adds are for companies in WA OR and CA...  but the grunt of the subject applies to all loggers... (I mostly drool over equipment I can't afford...)
well that didn't work

Ed_K

I like to know what's going on around the contry.I tried to get Southern Loggin Times but they said no.Get too many of their other free mags  ;D 8) .
Ed K

plasticweld

Quote from: zapperguy on January 31, 2014, 05:38:09 PM
Thank you all very much for the info.  Farm shows is actually what got me here.  I was doing the Empire Farm Days Show in Seneca Falls NY and was next to a company involved in forestry.  We got to talking quite a bit and they said I should look into some shows and that I might get some good info from you guys on this forum.  They obviously were correct!  Also, RCBS thanks for understanding and explaining.  Most people when they first see the tool think it only clears the fitting, but, if that was all it did anyone selling the tool, including me would be out of business.  Saving bearings and labor is why these tools are so popular!

In NY you could hit the Boonville logger fair that happens every year and set up as a vender there. I would think that there are logging fairs in just about every state that has logging going one

Thank You Sponsors!