iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Amarilla de Leche

Started by Fla._Deadheader, August 28, 2007, 05:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

Sawed some 2X from these logs, today. Looks like Red Oak, but, is a dense texture.
Has Ray Fleck and wandering grain. Kinda neat stuff. It's a little more rose colored than Red Oak, but, not much more.

Camera MAYBE Manana.  ::) ::)

I's plumb taaard.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

crtreedude

I have some of that - very nice. Pretty hard too. I thought it would make a nice floor.
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Fla._Deadheader

It DID make the little Honda grunt.  :D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Furby

I'm having trouble seeing how nice it is. :-[ :-\ :'(

Fla._Deadheader

If I don't fall asleep posting this, I have photos.  Man, I'm tired. Haven't worked this hard in over 6 months.  ::) ::)

Photos aren't great. Batteries were pret-ty low.

Stuff saws well, just hard. Logs were cut 3 years ago. Still pretty wet inside.

I'm gonna sort through the slab pile, and pick out pieces that have sapwood on both edges, and use them for raised panel doors for Reina's Kitchen cabinets.  Just gotts cut 'em off the slabs, and lay 'em face down on a partially cut log. Saw from both sides and Bob's yer Uncle.  8) 8) 8)

Mill owner was running the dozer around through the tall weeds while I was sawin, and my helper started yelling and jumping around.  ??? ??? ???

Seems that a couple of Terciapelas were flushed outta the weeds and ran through the saw lot, not too far from us.

Terciapelas are #1 or #2 Most Deadly Culebra in CR.  ::) :o :o.  Get to be 3 meters long or so, I believe.  ??? ???

Nothing like a good day sawing in Paradise, EH ???  :D :D :D :D

MIGHT get a photo of the set up. Great view over the Valley.  8) :) :)

First, it is ridiculed;

beenthere

A photo of that snake (or two) would be great.... ;D ;D

Interesting saw tooth marks on the first pic posted. What is the depth of cut on that piece?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Fla._Deadheader

Using an 8" Peterson, and, that's a piece of 2 X 6. Blade was needing sharpening. Cuts real smooth when first sharpened. Lots of wet mud on the logs. We try to clean them, but, well,  ::) ::)  Need to grind more often.

THEN, there's the Ant Palaces inside the logs.  ::) ::)  Got sprayed with Ants yesterday. Had them everywhere on me. Inside the Britches, even  :o :o :o  Them Faar Ants is nasty. Hadda drop and swat, pretty much in front of 2 women. Them ants was a getting WAAAYYY too high in ma britches  :o :o >:(
   First, it is ridiculed;

crtreedude

Harold - I do believe the the more common name for that is Leche Maria  (Mary's Milk) though at times they call it Lecha Amarilla . Symphonia globulifera

Now Harold - Fer-de-lance don't get THAT big, only 2.5 meters.  ::)

They aren't more deadly, just more dangerous having a temper shorter than their inseam!  :o

Jeff

Quote from: beenthere on August 29, 2007, 05:48:10 PM
A photo of that snake (or two) would be great.... ;D ;D

I thought you was one of my buddies?  >:( ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

crtreedude

We have the skin of one drying in one of the barns - would that be good enough? If so, I will trying to get a picture just for Jeff tomorrow of it.

Not the same as a live one, but you do what you can to make the boss happy... ;)

Fla._Deadheader

That's the problem I'm having, trying to speak the language here. Everybody has their OWN way to say something.

Today, I FINALLY talked the owner into switching hoses around on the front loader on the tractor. They had them, pull to raise the boom, push to tilt the forks up  ::) ::) ::)

After SEVERAL near misses on the mill, I stopped production dead in it's tracks.  >:( 8)

After they switched the hoses around, you shoulda seen the smiles  :D :D  NOW, it takes 1 hand to run both control valves  ::) ::) ::)  I just don't get it  ::) ::) ::)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!