iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Helicopters, Marijuana, and a Woodmizer

Started by jpgreen, August 29, 2007, 03:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpgreen

Whilst trying to mind my own business... sawing some lap siding, the FEDs started swinging large bunches of pot right over head across my place today. And it's been going on ALL day!  .. :o :o

Boy them Mexican National herb gardens are getting to close.  Right in my hunting grounds... :'(

I hope they get all that crapola cleaned up and the gardeners jailed... ::)

I've got to try and get a pic of this for you guys..  ;D   
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

TexasTimbers

Hey you aren't anywhere near Humbolt are ya ???

Ya see in my wilder days   . . . . . . .  never mind.  ::)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

jpgreen

Yah...

Humboldt is right over S. Fork Mountain Ridge from me..  ;D ::)

jpgreen

Humboldt county is right over that mountain ridge, do west from me, but this garden is on our county side... right over thar..   ;)

sawguy21

While chasing fires in Ca. in 1988, we were staged in an open area with a large fenced pit. Turned it was a burn pit for confiscated happy cabbage. Across the road was a halfway camp for hard cores from Leavenworth and Joliet nearing the end of their sentences. Interesting neighborhood. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

flip

Just by the title this is a must read :D

The dope cops in a chop were flying over our farm a few weeks ago, kinda did a zig zag across looking for bad stuff.  We are pretty good about running the fence lines and porperty to look for meth labs or dope growing.  Unfortunately we can't see IN the corn rows.  D*mn dope cultivators.
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

oakiemac

When we first bought our place, I was brush mowing a path around our back 21acres when I came across a little field of wacky tabaccy. The plants were over 7' high and bushy. I called the sheriff because I didnt want him to fly over and think it was my stash. A fat cop came out and huffed and puffed all the way back, I don't think he was used to walking more then from his squad car to the donut shop parking lot. Anyway we pulled 11 big plants out of the ground and slung them over our shoulders and hiked back to his car. The plants filled his trunk and he had to sit on the trunck lid to get it to shut, even so he still had pot leafs hanging out the back.

I can just see some hippy driving behind him in his VW van. ;D He probably thought that he had got some bad stuff and was seeing things. :D
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

thecfarm

We have them here too.Been pretty quiet here this year.Last year there were 2 copters and they were flying back and forth from the cornor of my field to the pond.One finally stayed by the cornor and the other one kept on moving.So far,I've never had any on my land that I know of.There is paper company land on top of the hill and the "growers "go up and down the road.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

Quote from: oakiemac on August 29, 2007, 08:16:15 PM
When we first bought our place, I was brush mowing a path around our back 21acres when I came across a little field of wacky tabaccy. .........

No more interest in those missing plants from others, or anyone trying to grow more??
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Left Coast Chris

Good gravy Pat   :o........... you better give Snoop some watch dog training.  I guess some hot lead would get the message accross also if the growers run low on cash and try to visit. :) :)
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

farmerdoug

Here in Michigan they use infared photos looking for the telltale signature of weed.  One day they rushed a Menonite that I know.  It seems that a greenhouses of stock geraniums give off the same infared signature as weed.  It was an interesting day for him and his family. :o

My brother was stopped for transporting weed plants one time too.  He left the house and a car was following him real close for a few miles then it turned.  Just before he got to market he was surrounded by a half a dozen police cars.  The cops got a laugh when they realized the pot plants were actually Lupine plants. ::)

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

olyman

and--guys--be dang careful when you happen to see some wacky tabbaccy---cause there have been some deaths--seems some of the bozos growing it are mighty protective of it---this in any state---might be wise to carry some artillery---

sawguy21

In Kamloops, the cops fly over and look for illegal crops. If they see new construction, they plug the address in to check if a building permit has been issued. No permit, a visit from the building inspector. >:(
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

jpgreen

Yeah the building department.  It all ties in nicely..  ::)

Chris,

I don't think Snoop is up to a full on watchdog position yet, but he's trying.  He has a good deep bark for when we are safe in the house... and he knows dad has PLENTY of hot lead..  ;D :D

sawdust

Did you notice if they were importing or exporting? Possibly air-seeding next years crop?

sawdust
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

solodan

My region looks very similar to where JP is at, and we too see the  helicopters on a very regular basis. Some pot farmers started a fire last week out on Yankee Hill last week, it burned about 100 acres, but I never found out how much pot they found. Last month  :o 7,428 mature pot plants were found and seized in Yosemite which is just o the south of us, a few weeks ago just a few miles from us 17,000 plants were removed from a plantation :o, and so far this year the officials in my county have destroyed 64,000 plants, but they are still behind last year's 83,000 mark.  It seems that officials have been targeting the Mexican drug trafficking organizations, with plantations each containing several thousand plants.  The small time farmer knows this and there are lots of crops with under 100 plants all over the place in this county and this state for that matter.

pigman

Last week I kept hearing a chopper going back and forth about a mile away. I first thought that they were checking the power lines, until I realized in that direction there are no lines. Read in the local scandel paper yesterday that the police had been checking the county for the happy weed.
Last year I sawed a few logs at my place for a State Trooper. I have some long buildings that I used to raise hogs. I noticed the trooper kept glancing at the buildings and asked me what was in them. When I came back after a lunch break, I asked him if he found any Mary Jane and he just grinned. I think what made him curious was when he asked me if I made a lot of money with the sawmill, I replied it was only for show, that I made most of my money in other ways.

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

urbanlumberinc

Thank your lucky stars it's only dope growers.  We had a house fire down the street a few mos ago that endedup being a meth lab explosion.  The house ended up being too toxic to clean up so it was torn down.  Turns out one of the characters involved was also under investigation for attempted murder.  Seems like lately the cops have changed focus from busting pot growers to busting meth labs.  I'd certainley rather have them rid the world of meth first and foremost.

jpgreen

Yeah that meth is the scurge of the earth.

I think the Ca legal 215 medicinal marijuana law has shifted the meth use more to pot, because now these low life's can grow pot legally and they are selling it.  They get a 215 card for every one in there family, and also like Dan mentioned... cops got their hands full with the Mexican bad guys.

What really bites my rear is we struggle to keep an income, and stay within the law and have a *DanG hard time trying to make a living, and the pot heads make money hand over fist, and to top it off they collect welfare or some other assistance..  ::)

One of those a-holes up here tried to talk me into milling -on trade- all of his Doug fir he clear cut off of his property so he could get more sun for his crop.  As bad as I need some DF right now, I told him no way I would run my machine on a trade with him, and then I told him he couldn't pay me enough money either.

I autta turn him in to the feds for not having a timber harvest plan, but I don't believe in doin' that to anyone..  >:( >:( >:( ::)

Daren

One of my buddies is a Conservation Police officer. My wife and I were at the river fishing one day and he and his partner pull up and launched a jon boat. It was a really hot day and they had on long sleeves and long pants. I made the comment to him "What's the deal, no uniform shorts for 100 degree days ?". He told me, yea they had shorts but where they were going they needed long sleeves. The last time they went they got ate up by stinging nettles and poison ivy. He kinda gave me a look like he could not say much about what they were doing, so we made other small talk about fishing and off they went. I told my wife I bet they were staking out a "cash crop" garden. Come to find out several weeks later they had put motion sensitive cameras in the trees near the patch and caught the guy tending his garden. He had planted them up river, 3/4 acres worth I think.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

SwampDonkey

Just try the thinning business. You'll find lots of it.  :-\
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Joel Eisner

My wife was leaving our house and down our 1/4 mile drive came two tan suv's with tinted windows.  Both were filled with people in camos.  They showed their badges and said they were down the wrong drive.

A few hours later an email went out to the local list of anti-development folks and there was a chopper hovering over the power line easment about a mile away. 

It all came together.  These were the drug cops looking for the crop.
The saga of our timberframe experience continues at boothemountain.blogspot.com.

jpgreen

Well it seems Nor Cal doesn't have a lock on weed cultivation anymore.  Welcome to the new farmers and new industry of America..  ::)

TexasTimbers

jp I hate to see such a beautiful paradise like where you live become overrun with scallywags. Don't feel alone it is rampant throughout our nation.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Thank You Sponsors!