iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawyers in Washington State

Started by Lonely Sawer, February 10, 2014, 10:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonely Sawer

Just looking to see how many sawyers in Washington State Just recently got a Norwood LM29. Went together real good. I got a little intimidated when I saw all the boxes. But I had some help from my favorite boxed beverage. Had it done in no time. I'm new to the forum but have read a lot of the postings and I think I can learn a lot. I have registered with the Norwood Connection and have noticed a lot of those people are on here also. Great forums to say the least. Also sorry to read about Happy Camper but sounds like he's trudging along. Thought and prayers go out to him. Thanks for having me here.
Norwood LM29
Sthil 020 16" bar
Sthil 039  24" bar
Kubota L3130 HST W/Backhoe
78 Ford F-800 Boom truck
2017 Ram Laramie Longhorn 3500 Cummins 4x4 crew
Yamaha Viking SXS

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Lonely Sawer.

Check the Members/Members Map above.  You will not be lonely for very long.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Board Cutter

Welcome from another Washington Sawyer!
TimberKing 2000, John Deere 970, Hitachi Excavator,

circlesawn

Hi Lonely Sawer, welcome, I am from Washington also and have lurked for a couple of years and do have a few posts on board.  I have learned so much from one forum it is hard to believe sometimes.  The information never seems to stop.

I have an old (early 50's) Jackson Lumber Harvester I am slowly restoring.  Progress has been slow but I have been cleaning, de-rusting, and purchasing new expensive parts.  Most of my time now is being spent getting some timber ready to harvest.  These trees are on my property and measure 40" or more in diameter.

Good luck with your new mill, I didn't know there was a members map until magic mentioned it. 

m wood

yup, you wont stay lonely around here!  Welcome aboard.  I'm a WA native from Puyallup area that lives in NY now.  (long story noone wants to hear) :).
mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

SawyerBrown

Welcome both Lonely Sawer and circlesawn.  I think you'll find this a tremendous resource for whatever you're looking for.

My wife and I love Washington state. Some of the best red wine anywhere!
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

redbeard

Welcome lonely Sawyer you will fit right in lots of good info here. Were practically neighbors. Oak Harbor - Snohomish been a lot of high school sport rivalry's. Over the years. Good luck with your adventure
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Andy White

Lonely Sawer
Welcome to the Forum, the best site on the web. You will learn a lot, and meet some of the finest people ever on this site. The Norwood will serve you well. Have fun and be safe!    Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

thecfarm

Lonely Sawer,I think there is more members in WA with mills than here in ME.  ;D   Welcome to the forum.
What's the plan for the new mill?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dboyt

LonelySawyer, welcome to FF!  I've also seen your posts on the Norwood Connect.  Keep us updated on your progress, and if you need advice or opinions, you've got the two best forums!  The LM29 is a great sawmill, and pretty soon you'll be milling some great lumber.  Then you'll nee a bigger tractor, more chain saws, and another truck...

I'm nowhere near WA, but if you're ever in Missouri, stop by!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Lonely Sawer

Thanks guys for the reply's. I'm sure all the information I would need is on this site and the Norwood connect. Great bunch of people. CFARM I have a little cabin in the woods that I'm building and I want to mill some doug fir 1x12 and 1x10 for flooring and maybe some pine for inside walls. But first on the list is a milling shed and solar kiln. I have posted a few photos in the gallery's

Norwood LM29
Sthil 020 16" bar
Sthil 039  24" bar
78 Ford F-800 Boom truck
Yamaha Viking SXS

opticsguy

Welcome aboard from a Bellingham Sawyer.
TK 1220 band mill,  1952 Ford F-2, 1925 Dodge touring, too many telescopes.

Magicman

That is a nice "little" cabin in the woods.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Magicman said it before I did. WOW!!!  Glad I asked.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

redbeard

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Lonely Sawer

Thanks guys. It's just a little something I thu together. It started out as a little thing but the wife kept saying "but I won't have a place for that" and the rest is history. We looked around the internet and found a website that had hand hewn logs and said, that's us. So the wife came up with the design and sent it off to Montana. six months later I was breaking ground. When the first load of logs showed up I was floored. Not to mention walled. Bought a boom truck, had a tractor and with some help from my brother and a friend we had the walls up in a week. Been at it for 5 years now and still not done. But I'm in no hurry. Can't get much done in a weekend. But will lots of time when I retire. Hopefully in three years.
Norwood LM29
Sthil 020 16" bar
Sthil 039  24" bar
78 Ford F-800 Boom truck
Yamaha Viking SXS

Chop Shop

Nice shack!

Welcome from another Wa new guy!

Timberframiadreamin

I am not a sawyer but in WA State, looks like you did some timberframing for your porch as well... did you use mortise and tenon's or order it up from the guys in MT?  I like the log walls with the timberframe porch.  I'm working on something a little smaller but similar with a porch and all that.   

I haven't posted for years, but thought I would chime in and say it looks really good so far!

thecfarm

I guess you have been a reading. Good you started posting. Keep at it.

Magicman

It's nice to see you speak up Timberframiadream.  How about sharing some of your project?   :)

Lonely Sawer

Timberframe, where in Wa. you at ? The porches came from Mt. and yes mort n ten.
Norwood LM29
Sthil 020 16" bar
Sthil 039  24" bar
78 Ford F-800 Boom truck
Yamaha Viking SXS

Thank You Sponsors!