iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ongoing issues

Started by woodmills1, April 10, 2014, 05:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

My LT 70 has accuset 1
since late last fall I have experienced many similar issues concerning the up and down motor
most have been diagnosed over the phone as voltage issues
and please and thank you to woodmizer for their support, it is truly wonderful
now the issue rears its head again
If i start the machine all is well till I hit any switch, like no forward or hydralics or up down and check motor circuits comes on screen
turn off then restart and all is well
or   start, motor runs but no computor,  restart and the above happensthe thing is after a few tries it seems to always be ok and I get through the day cutting, allthought the patern mode seems to hunt for hight a lot
this kind of intermittent problem has me baffeled
any thoughts?  or maybe the acuset one is dying?
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Jeff

Since I know nothing about the LT70, the only problem I can diagnose that will help other people help, is that there is way to much space between your sentences.  If I was reading this post from a mobile phone, I'd have to skip it because I would forget what the first line said before I got to the second line. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

woodmills1

fixed boss, thanks for the heads up
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

jcbrotz

I would start checking your ground connections, it sounds like voltage issues to me still and it takes 2 to tango with electricity.
2004 woodmizer lt40hd 33hp kubota, Cat 262B skidsteer and way to many tractors to list. www.Brotzmanswoodworks.com and www.Brotzmanscenturyfarm.com

Magicman

Yup, many illusive electrical problems are traced back to a faulty ground.  If not the ground, then suspect a lose or corroded connection somewhere.  A solenoid may have a failing contact.  A digital voltmeter will be your friend.  Sometimes you just have to start looking.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dgdrls

Woodmills1

You find that gremlin yet?

DGDrls

woodmills1

Not yet, been busy with pick ups for the tree services.

woodmills1

doing firewood till saturday will look sunday

customsawyer

I would start by snugging up the nuts that hold the big fuses next to the battery box. There are four studs total, don't over tighten them but make certain they are good and snug. You might even take them out and shine things up a bit before snugging them up.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

woodmills1

that was the first step I took, I actually took the block out and cleaned everything.

woodmills1

Today it was cold and the 70 gave a check circuits on first start but was fine for the rest of the day.  Cut 750 bd ft oak then 390 in pine.  The blade i used for the oak I have sharpened 15 times, never hit metal and I bet it has made me 4 or 5 grand.  Thinking of framing and hanging it.

Thank You Sponsors!