iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Beech?

Started by hogdogman, April 15, 2014, 10:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hogdogman

When i found this i thought it was sycamore and then found its twin standing looking like beech.

petefrom bearswamp

sure looks like Beech.
I didnt know it grew that far south.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

thecfarm

Did a storm bring it down?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

hogdogman

apparently, there are 3 trees down there and you can see the clay root in the background of some type of oak.

WDH

Looks very much like beech.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Yup, and that old soldier had been standing for many years.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Brad_bb

If it's yours, fire up chainsaw or bucking saw and the mill and see what you can get out of it!
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

kevin19343

Looks like a young child of some kind, most likely humanoid. I wouldn't use a chainsaw.

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

wetdog

Yep, its a Beech. Most that size in my area are hollow.

JohnM

Quote from: kevin19343 on April 15, 2014, 03:19:58 PM
Looks like a young child of some kind, most likely humanoid. I wouldn't use a chainsaw.
:D :D :D  Got both me and the wife with that one, Kevin. ;D
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

hogdogman

QuoteLooks like a young child of some kind, most likely humanoid. I wouldn't use a chainsaw.
That is one of my deputies.  Since I am not old enough to have grand kids. I have deputies  teeter_totter.  He agreed to stand in to provide a reference to size. :)

Small Slick

Quote from: kevin19343 on April 15, 2014, 03:19:58 PM
that was pretty funny.

John

Thank You Sponsors!