iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bees

Started by Magicman, July 19, 2016, 06:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I got out fairly early this morning to mow around the acre of Pine trees that I planted behind our daughter's home.  I saw some bees on one pass and tried to remember where they were....but forgot.    ::)

They reminded me that I was inside their territory, and one decided to leave it's mark.   :o

These were the big black bees with the yellow back.  I was going to take a picture but either me or the bees would not stay still long enough for a shot.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Brucer

And did you use your Therapik?
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Bert

OUCH! I hates bees! Last week i started my old landing loader truck to set some logs off my trailer. Didnt pay attention until i extended the knuckle boom and ripped a basketball sized hornets nest right in half they had built in the hinge. They were mad. I bypassed the steps of the loader on the way off!
Saw you tomorrow!

Magicman

Quote from: Brucer on July 19, 2016, 10:58:46 PM
I have one in my truck and never thought about it.   :-\   The area has much more deep purple today, is sore, but is not hurting like yesterday.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ed_K

Oww  :( . When I get bit like that I get the antihystime, Got bit 14 times once in less than a min. I have found yellow jackets like hemlock stands so when I have TSI work there my eyes were watching more that usual.
Ed K

Autocar

Last week I cut a tree that had a honey bees I got stun four times on the back of my neck and hair.
Bill

Gary_C

I was moving my Woodmizer yesterday and some wasps took offense when I stuck the jack rod into one of the holes where they had a nest. Nest thing I knew I got hit right above my ear. I hit back with some brake cleaner that was nearby and finished moving the mill.

Last night I woke up after sleeping on that side and that side of my head is sore, red, swollen and I have a headache. DanG bees!
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Brucer

Quote from: Magicman on July 20, 2016, 09:01:02 AM
Quote from: Brucer on July 19, 2016, 10:58:46 PM
I have one in my truck and never thought about it....

My son-in-law keeps bees (on my property) and last month he managed to get stung on a finger. Man, did that ever swell up. I suggested he use a Therapik next time he gets stung, and he wanted to know where to get one. "Ask your wife where she keeps it," I said :D :D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Magicman

I have one here at home, one at the Cabin, and another in my truck.  I have used the one at the Cabin.

21incher

Ouch. This year we are in a drought and our entire yard is covered with clover blossoms that are the only things still growing. This is the first time in years that we now have thousands of bees extracting the pollen and it is like walking through a mine field to avoid them. My wife took the dogs out wearing her Crocks and a bee entered one of the holes in her crock then bit one her toes. Wow did that swell up. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

coxy

my doc told me if you swell up from a sting you are having a small reaction and it may or may not be worse the next time      I will brake out in water blisters every where I get stung and swell to the point I think my skin is going to split     I had some kind of  prescription pills for the stings but they wont give it anymore    I have to take the over the counter pills and they don't work vary well    I use to have the epypen (never had to use it ) but would for get about it in the truck and it would freeze and brake

Thank You Sponsors!