iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forum Growth

Started by Jeff, January 26, 2002, 06:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I thought this might be of interest to you all. Its a chart depicting visits to the forum over the last 12 months. Its interesting to see how our attentions in September were drawn, as they should have been, elsewhere.

Here is my analysis of this chart. Take it for what its worth cause I'm pulling this out of my you know what.

1.We have had a "More then I expected" growth in 12 months.

2. April It looks as if spring has broke and in  folks are turning their attention to the out-of-doors.

3. Growth contined at an even pace on through the summer as spring chores were finished and live "Leveled out" for many.

4. September. 9/11/2001  we all had more important things on our minds.

5. Oct.-Nov  Hunting season! looks like hunting and being outside that timeof year is the thing our members like to do!

6. Nov-Jan  Wow, aint it great?

Thanks everybody!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

CHARLIE

I notice that when I came on board that is when things [size=12]really[/size] started happening. :o :o ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

Strut, Charlie, Strut  8)

Jeff

We have blasted our old visit record out of the water today. As of typing this we have had over 435 visitors to the forum today. Our old record was set last week at 395, which beat the previous record of about 2 months ago of 387.

Pretty cool. Make an old sawyers day. Invite a friend to the forum. lets see 500 before long! Maybe today, we still have 2 hours!

so, when will we hit 1000? 8) 8)

macurtis

I talked to Tom on the land line one day about his sawmill,
he introduced me to this site. I can not express how much
I have learned and enjoy reading the different post. To be able
to share ideas and learn from people who actually do what
we talk about and ask about. The internet just blows my mind.
When I went to high school in the early sixties--no computers-
when i went to college--no computers. Late eighties I could
not let all of the youngins get ahead of me, o I bought one and
learned how to use the thing. Just rambling--Keep up the
good work.

Thanks
macurtis

Tom

;D   Blush

You're making a good member too

I think we have been real lucky to have had such a good bunch of folks join up this year.  I think you guys are the envy of all the other wood oriented web sites.

psychotic1

Yup, pretty impressive, and downright wunnerful.

But Jeff?  Who's hooking up from estonia?  That's what I want to know.

Bruce
Patience, hell.  I'm gonna kill something

Gordon

I ran out of fingers and toes but so far today I count 516 visits. Did I count correctly?
At this rate one thousand is not a number thats out of reach.

Wasn't that long ago that we would be stirring up dust, now it's difficult for me to keep up reading the posts.

Gordon

Jeff

I'll let you know what the final count is tomorrow, we still have over an hour. Between 6 and 7 this evening we had almost 100 visits!  I got 523 now...

Jeff

Tammy just said to me, "I can remember not to long ago, you ran into the living room and said, HEY! we had 12 people on the forum today!!"

I remember that, still get excited when those 12 people visit.

Kevin

Are you sure it wasn`t one person that visited twelve times?  :D
I heard you get excited easy!

Jeff

come to think of it.. :D

Frank_Pender

There have been very few things in my life that I have come to be involved with, an I am proud to say that this forum is one of them.  :) I too , like macurtis, went through the same seris of events and I just retired from teaching 3 years ago. 8)  I did not own a computer until about a year ago, after being intruduced by one of my sons. he showed me a site on e-bay selling Black Walnut and marbles.  I came home so excited that my wife went out the next day and bought me all the "stuff", even a camera.  I have not learned how to work it as yet, except for taking the pictures. ;D   My next step is to learn how to post them for all to see my mill operation. :D :D
Frank Pender

Jeff

L. Wakefield

I'm with Frank on this one! I remember when I first heard the term 'networking'. They were preparing us for massive nursing layoffs in 94/95 (see how quickly things have come full circle!)- and they weren't even referring to comuter type networking. But here we are using this EXCELLENT site- and networking in the best possible way. It is a privilege to know and interact with y'all. And as I was passing a cast-off piece of tree on the way home tonight (a piece of crotchwood with 5- count em- 5- upper branches conjoined to the lower stump of trunk)- I found myself wanting to take it home and saw it up to see what I saw. And *I* don't even have a mill (yet..) :D :D You are giving me different ways of seeing. ;)  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

woodmills1

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

L. Wakefield

Yeah, but you know what I mean? I was just reading the drying building thread and when the poster said something about watching the moisture change in the drying wood with the r.h. I got the pic in my head of the moisture gauge and pins y'all had talked about 6 mos before that.

I'm always suspicious when my twisty brain starts accumulating a fund of facts- that sooner or later I will reach critical mass and break out into another project. It was remarkable how I tripped over beekeeping and hit a geometric progression of facts, figures, chance encounters and finally saw 11 swarms in one year- and I got bees. I mean, waddaya gonna do when you walk out of the front door of your house into the middle of a swarm- and then 2 days later see another- and then 3 days later drive thru one one the highway with the little bee bodies splatting honey all over yer windshield? It was like a gigantic shove saying- you need to do bees. And the people were right there to teach me how. I could've walked away- but... :D :D :D  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Bud Man

The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Jeff

Anybody notice we have a HUGE milestone coming up? When will it be? But more importantly WHO will it be? (Demented laugh) heh heh heh heh heh

DanG

Yup! I noticed, and was just about to mention it, when I saw your post, Jeff.  That is a biggie, and I'll bet it won't be long.

8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

RavioliKid

Hey, Jeff!

Way to go! I have sure enjoyed my time here. (BTW, am I one of the original 12? Or, was I part of the second dozen?)

The other day, my student teacher asked me how I figure all these things out...I built the desks my students use, I'm building a puppet stage, I know all sorts of things...

I think it's partly because I get to "hang out" with interesting people like you folks, who don't mind a mostly "ignernt" school marm shufflin' by from time to time.

Thanks!

:-*
RavioliKid

Jeff

I don't know how we did it, everybody must have heard about my picture screw up and came to laugh.

We blasted our old 1 day visit record.  We had 862 visitors yesterday!

Bud Man

Bouncing back and forth from member maps is adding some --just noticed re-entry to forum without relogging myself yesterday.  Thanks for all your efforts !!
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant