iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Good word for Redmax GZ4500

Started by mocoon, December 31, 2013, 04:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mocoon

I just want to put a good word in for the Redmax GZ4500. It never ran very well stock. After I gutted the muffler and tuned it runs incredible. I just ran it today for the first time this year (been running my other saws) and it is now my favorite little saw. It is only around 44cc but cuts like its a lot bigger.

If any of you are looking for a powerful little saw with a magnesium case around $320, I highly recommend this little guy. Its a fast little saw for the price. It just is not as well built in my opinion as my Shindaiwas and Stihls. I am not saying internally but externally. It just feels a little flimsier. But, internally it is built fine and is very powerful for its size.

I am thinking about making a video of it. 

brettl

I hope you do make a video of it. I think these are good saws and I'd like to try one of their bigger ones. I think they're one of the most underrated saws out there.

strongsaw

I've had a GZ4500 for over a year. Mine has a plastic case and it seems yours should also. Hard to believe they built them both ways. After I bought it I was disappointed because it appears so cheaply made, looks and feels like thin plastic junk. But you are right it does run good. I bought mine new on Ebay for $225, but I wouldn't do it again. Plastic case Echo CS-400 or metal case CS-450 are both better choices IMHO.  Greg

SawTroll

The GZ4300 likely is a much better saw, but it likely will cost more as well (same saw basically as the 543xp).
Information collector.

mocoon

GZ5300 you mean? Yes, this GZ4500 is a flimsy plastic thing. Sorry, you are right, it is a plastic case. Dang, I just assumed it was a better built saw.

Oh well, Redmax still makes the best blower (those are all magnesium cases as well as most of their trimmers as I have several). Husky's big backpack blowers are Redmax blowers. Husky needs to give Redmax more saws because I don't have a Husky dealerships near me.

rburg

The g5300 is basically the 353 Husky and the gz7000 is basically the 570 Husky. I have had the gz4000 for about 6 years and is has been a very good 40cc saw. I run a 14" b/c combo currently with a loop of 63ps stihl chain and it performs well with this setup. I believe the gz4500 runs the .325 chain, but I believe it would run stronger with a lopro 3/8 setup.

SawTroll

Information collector.

AdkStihl

J.Miller Photography

martyinmi

Chainsaws on the coffee table! :o :o

Dude, you've got a very understanding bride!!!!! :D :D :D
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

ktoom

When will we see the 543xp? One of the local dealers said he should have one soon and will give me a call when he gets one. My next question is, where can we buy the Zenoah version? Ive looked, but no luck.

mocoon

They don't sell the Zenoah models here just the Redmax. If you go to the Zenoah website they have many more models of everything to choose from than we get in the US. More saws, more trimmers, stuff they don't even sell here such as engine drills... Oh, the only thing we get better here is the blowers. The US blowers are much more powerful and the Zenoah ones are the outdated Redmax blowers of pre-2004 US. I have a lot of the old and new Redmax blowers.

Thank You Sponsors!