iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Proud moment!

Started by DanG, May 10, 2003, 12:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

I'm sitting at my son's computer in Macon, Ga.  We have just returned from the commencment excercises at Mercer University, where my lad recieved his Law Degree.  He has worked hard for a long time to obtain his education, and we are all grinning like Cheshire Cats.
He has a job lined up in Ft Lauderdale, Fl. and will be moving there immediately.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Bro. Noble

DanG,

Good for him and the rest of your family that stood behind him and encouraged him through the struggle.  Congratulations to all of you.

We have a son working on a PHD.  Every time for the last 6 or 8 years I ask him when he'll finish he says two more years.
I'll sure be bustin buttons when he finally graduates :)

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Patty

Congratulations to you both. It is great to see our children accomplish such high goals. Very proud moments.  ;)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Fla._Deadheader

That's good news there Proud Papa's.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

What an excuse to go break some laws eh?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DanG

Outwardly, it does seem like that, but I'm not all that sure that he would be on  my side, in that situation. :o ::)

The firm he is going to work for defends the insurance companies against people who pour coffee in their laps and then sue a hamburger joint, etc.

I had a great seat, and was able to see his expressions as the proceedings proceeded. He came in with a grin that couldn't be slapped off his face. That stayed with him for a while, but morfed into a serious look when some Congressman type guy charged them with all kinds of responsibilities. He, and most of his classmates got a little misty-eyed when one fellow was hooded by his father and grandfather, who were both graduates of the school. He says it really hit home when they were welcomed into the Alumni Association, by it's President. All the others that I spoke to said the same thing.

I don't mean to go on about it, but Graduate Degrees are not a common thing in my family. This doesn't necessarily make him a better person, but it sure announces that this guy can set his sights on a goal, and do whatever it takes to get there.
 :) :) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Frank_Pender

Dang nice job, Dan.  The primary reason, I have found, for such seccess in any family is the foundation that was set for them to follow.  :P You have done Dang well. 8) 8) 8)
Frank Pender

OneWithWood

QuoteThis doesn't necessarily make him a better person, but it sure announces that this guy can set his sights on a goal, and do whatever it takes to get there.
 :) :) :)

Dan,
Look in the mirror and pat yourself on the back.  Your son did good and he learned the how to from you :P
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

DanG

Thanks, One, but I ain't takin' all that much credit. He has a wife that will, and does, get in behind his butt and get business taken care of. ;D  She got him started on this education kick, right after they married, and has pushed, cajoled, supported and loved him, all the way through. I, however, barely managed to get him through High School. Kudos are to her. :)

OneWithWood

You are humble too!

Yes, behind every successful man is a supportive woman. True.

Well, then, the next time you are feeling somewhat overwhelmed with your new business venture look in the mirror and think of your son.  The cajoling may have come from his wife but the genes came from his parents.

Congratulations to both of you and best wishes for your continued successes.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Furby

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
That's why I'm not successful! :'(
I gotta find me a woman to bring me to success. Hmmmmm. ;D

Weekend_Sawyer

Uncle Elwood used to say

"Behind every successful man is a shocked mother in law!"
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Thank You Sponsors!