iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LW's in Springfield

Started by Tom, May 11, 2003, 09:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

You guys around Springfield/stockton take a look at LW's thread in "Travel Guide" called "DR284 Mo 05/03 tornadoes".  She's been called up to use her nursing and emergency room skills to help out in the storm damaged areas. She's a long way from home and a visit from her Forum Family might be in line.  Even a note to let her know you're ok would be nice.  

Bro. Noble

There used to be a family named Johnson who owned a cheese plant in Stockton.  Just down the road from Stockton Dam.  They had a big sign BEST CHEESE BY A DAMSITE!!   8)

Maybe it's still there?

Plans are in the works to see LW tomorrow.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Haytrader

Noble,

Stockton is the town 10 miles from EJ (Elijah) that was blown away.
Haytrader

Bro. Noble

Haytrader,

I used to work for the Extension Service and Stockton was in the area I worked.  I also used to sell feeder pigs at a co-op sale in Stockton.  I know several people who live there.

I corresponded quite a bit with EJ and then he quit posting.  Do you know what he dicided about a sawmill?

Noble

Haytrader

Noble,

Says he is building a shop and is going to build a swinger.
Haytrader

Bro. Noble

I met LW this afternoon 8) 8)

Once again I immediately felt like I had known this fellow forum member all my life.

I am often amazed at how much we forum members have in common  especially the appreciation of the plants and animals that God created.

Thanks for the visit Louise.

Noble

Jeff

I don't spose there was pictures and for gosh sakes is that all you have to say about this?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bro. Noble

Jeff,

I was having such a good time visiting about cows and plants and sawing that I never thought much about pictures.  I don't have a digital camera nor the knowhow to post pictures.  LW has a camera but I don't know if she took pictures.  She said the Red Cross said she shouldn't take pictures of disaster scenes so she probably didn't take any around here. ;D

Stockton has a very large Walnut nut processing plant where they sell the meats and shells for some interesting purposes.  I encouraged her to visit it and tell us about it.  

I enjoyed our visit-----Louise is a very interesting person and real easy to visit with.  I only regret that I forgot to tell her to look at Ozark Co's blinking light if she went through Gainesville ::)

Noble

Jeff

Jeez Noble, yer getting to be quite the "Hub" for the forum. We might have to get you a top hat and some new long johns. :D

Fla._Deadheader

Sumbodie needs to loan him a kamara ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

OneWithWood

A top hat and new longjohns 8) 8)

If that comes about I will have to head over there and take a pic or two of Noble and his new duds
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

whitepe

Jeff,
I've got Noble pics but you ain't asked for a disk   ;)
Shuck's,  one of them is even a full resolution
Beaverwood shot.   ;D

I know Noble's new puter will take a camera cause
I hooked mine up to it.  

Let's see now,  Arky,  Whitepe and Becky, Bib and Mary,
and LW.  Isn't it about time for Jeff and Tammy to swing
through Mizzou?   :)

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

whitepe

Jeff,
Speaking of hubs,  If my memory serves me right,
I saw a sign not far from Noble's that says geographical
center of the U.S.   :)
PEW

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

L. Wakefield

Jeff, if you look at the other thread you see that I am still defaulting to yahoo for posting pix- I'm just a wee bit numb when it comes to getting over the top to competency on that issue- oh well..I'm working on the pix issue. Even without their caveat, it is such a private thing- it is like going to a funeral and taking pictures.

It was very hard to leave Stockton today for the last time. I know I will be back. I hope they get the cemetary put to rights as soon as possible. Noble, I never got to meet your friend but I am glad I could let you know his son said he and his wife were doing fine.

I missed DC and WV this time around- maybe another time. Can't do it all. This trip was more important than a lot of things I have ever done. I just wonder why it is I feel so absolutely right helping in the midst of horror and chaos? It's the best 'vacation' I have ever had. More meaningful than my marriage, my job..it feels like it takes me right in to where God wants me to be.  That's kind of a rare feeling. Usually I have a lot of doubt, but not with this.  

Beautiful cattle and hay down here.. Maine may look pretty shabby when I get home. My house and land, actually look like a tornado just hit most of the time- but honestly, it's just me..  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Jeff

I'm real proud your part of this forum Louise.

Tom

Bro. Noble

Well,

I'm real proud I'm part of the Forum so I got to meet you LW.

After dealing with such a disaster and working with those folks as they help each other cope,  I'm sure you will have a little different view of life.  Real wealth is measured in friends and family and the memories of experiences.

I think we are all a little  (maybe a lot) wealthier because of the friends and family we have gained by belonging to this Forum.

Noble

Haytrader

Noble,

I second that emotion.

;D
Haytrader

Thank You Sponsors!