iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Band wheel belts

Started by Bruno of NH, April 26, 2017, 02:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Anyone run the Timberwolf belts on the wheels ?
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

JRWoodchuck

I built my mill with 18.75" wheels and used the urethane belts to begin with. They mounted so tight I could never get them to center and they ended up creating an awful vibration. I now use b57's that cost $7 and I am quite happy with them.
Home built bandsaw mill still trying find the owners manual!

Bruno of NH

Thanks
That's all I needed to hear :)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

bandmiller2

Bruno, my old partner and I tried them on his LT-70. We had the same problem as woodchuck, vibration. It was our fault as we didn't lube and install as directed. If stretched without the proper lube there will be sections stretched thin others thick that will cause vibration. I'am sure if installed correctly they will work but regular belts work fine and are cheaper. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Magicman

If you are talking about the orange belts, yes I tied a pair.  Not enough lube or whatever, but they vibrated and I took them off quickly.  I will not use anything other than WM B57's ever again.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

Did the same as Magicman, then back to the 57s
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

pineywoods

One thing I have learned the hard way...listen to Magic Man..B57's only, not just any B57's...woodmizer B57's. Different from auto parts store B57's They outlast others by a wide margin, and I don't have much problem with wavey cuts...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

4x4American

My friend run them on his oscar 36.  They broke 3 bandwheel shafts or something before they figured out the problem.
Boy, back in my day..

redprospector

I ran a couple of sets of them on the mill I built. I never had any problems with them, but I didn't see much benefit in them either.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

petefrom bearswamp

I agree with all of the above comments, Woodmizer b 57s and vibration with twolf
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

RazrRebel

I bought B57's for my build from Surplus Center. Haven't started yet, but wondering about the WM 57 belt. I know Wood Mizer probably doesn't make the belts. They buy the belts from a manufacture and have them branded with their name. Just wonder which manufacturer does them. Good year, Parker, Gates. I know it matters on the quality of belt, but wonder which one?

Magicman

My Wood-Mizer belts are branded Goodyear B57 CE, mfg. in Mexico.  They are made to WM specifications and are flat on top rather than crowned.  They are not covered but layered and there is no start/stop wrap on top creating a hump. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

All the WM berks I've had were Goodyear, and I think they are only made for WM.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!