iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Changing bms250 cam

Started by PAmizerman, December 01, 2020, 02:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAmizerman

Has anyone changed the cam on a bms 250. How do you get it off?
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

terrifictimbersllc

I changed one before but dont remember.

Went out and looked at mine in the garage, looks like take off the pusher and the stem that holds it which come from the cam.  Then there is a machine screw going through the cam,  in line with the motor shaft.  NO MACHINE SCREW.  Guessing the cam just unscrews off of this shaft.

Can't you tell anything looking at the new cam?
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

terrifictimbersllc

....yes, the cam (#6) threads onto the motor shaft (#3).  I think it has to be threaded since it would spin if not. There is no machine screw, the cam just threads onto the shaft and the end of the shaft is flush with the cam face. 

for some reason I couldnt attach a pdf.

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

PAmizerman

Yes I can see that the cam threads onto the shaft but was wondering if there is some way to lock the motor shaft to keep it from turning. The shaft is round and not enough room behind the cam to get ahold of it with anything
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

PAmizerman

I'll have to look again for that machine screw. Is it behind the cam?
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

terrifictimbersllc

Went and looked again, there is NOT a machine screw. Just the end of the motor shaft is flush with the cam face looked like a screw to me.

Other things look different too when I put on my glasses.  :D

Because you cant hold the shaft from behind, its probably not that tight. Just tight enough to be annoying.  

I dont remember but I probably put the side edge of a screwdriver in one of the two small holes in the cam and tapped that with a hammer to loosen it.  Or put a round object like a tight fitting punch or bolt in one of those holes and tap that.  Or grab the cam sideways with vise grips and tap on the vise grips. 

Assume it is regular threaded direction and take it easy with a few taps, it will probably start turning and come off.

galstaf

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on December 01, 2020, 05:07:29 PM
....yes, the cam (#6) threads onto the motor shaft (#3).  I think it has to be threaded since it would spin if not. There is no machine screw, the cam just threads onto the shaft and the end of the shaft is flush with the cam face.

for some reason I couldnt attach a pdf.

Hey there... I know this is an older thread, but I am looking for the complete parts diagram for the BMS250. Do you have a link to that by any chance? I cannot find it on WM's site

firefighter ontheside

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

galstaf

galstaf

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on January 21, 2024, 07:29:04 PM
i think its all in here

http://agat.woodmizer.pl/manuals/english/944_e.pdf

Hey FireFighter!

I have tried several searches to get the BMT250 (automatic duel tooth setter)... would you happen to have a direct link to that manual too?

terrifictimbersllc

BMT250 manual pdf attached

galstaf

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on January 22, 2024, 09:48:22 AM
BMT250 manual pdf attached

Fantastic.. thanks so much!

I see you are from Mystic, CT,  but how do you find them?  :D

I did PDF searches of all the WM sites around the world and came up with nada!
I would love some technical repair manuals on the LT15 electric. The instructions that came with it are extremely sparse and poor.

terrifictimbersllc

I have pdfs of most manuals for machines I own. 

Got this one from Woodmizer along with all ones for my other WM items. They emailed them to me, either I called in on the phone to ask sales/tech support or I have got them by emailing one of the customer service reps.

I would not hesitate to call Woodmizer to ask for a pdf of a manual. There are usually both operating manuals and parts manuals.

One can carry all your manuals on a phone/tablet/laptop as an alternative to hardcopy.

Also anyone with a WM machine can establish an online login there, and call in and ask that the machine he owns be listed in his equipment list. After that one can just log in and look at parts diagrams with ordering information.  This is also updated with version/revision comments so that it is a "live" version of the parts manual that came with the machine, which doesnt get such updates.

Thank You Sponsors!