iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another plea...

Started by Shotgun, October 07, 2012, 02:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shotgun

We've had a lot of new members on the FF in the last couple of years.  It would really be nice if you (or anyone) haven't done so, to edit your profile or provide a signature line to give your general location, even just the state.  It needn't be specific at all.  Having your location in the membership map doesn't really cut it.  Folks are always talking about the weather, tree species, or the stage of fall leaf coloration, talking about prices of something or another, or whatever, and you're just left hanging as to knowing generally where that post originated, in comparison to where the reader is located.  Some show an entry of a city only, or a county only, as though we all know where that is.  We don't. Some have clever comments that are impractical, read useless.

I know that Bibby is against doing it because he doesn't want to be able to be tracked down.  I think that it's about a prior life, or something.     ;)   By the way, Bibby has put enough information on this forum so that anyone could get a map with lat/lon coordinates right to his mill. 

Just asking a favor.  If it's against your politics or your religion, then don't do it.     :D    Also, no need for clever responses.  We've been there and done that already.

Many thanks to any who do it, or have done it.

Norm

N. Michigan/USA/Earth
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Magicman

If you have a sawmill, it also helps to have that posted.  That way no one has to play a guessing game or ask about the specifics of the sawmill in question.   Location and equipment is not too much to ask for.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Chuck White

Mine's been here since "day 1".

The info does help when you're trying to help some with questions.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

tyb525

I agree there has been an explosion of new members in the last year or so, and many of them still don't have enough info on their profile to distinguish them from Adam.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

thecfarm

One more too, about tractors,JD 2030, NH 1260,Kubota 1640,ect does not mean much to me either. I need the HP to know about the size of it.
Even a state would be a big help too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Okrafarmer

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Jim_Rogers

One problem is not all posters read the "general forum"...... so many may not even see this request.....

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on October 08, 2012, 06:11:01 PM
One problem is not all posters read the "general forum"...... so many may not even see this request.....

Jim Rogers

Good point Jim.....maybe the "plea" should be mandatory before one can post. But then again, maybe some members don't want us to know where they live. I guess that's fine with me too.

Ernie

Quote from: tyb525 on October 07, 2012, 09:01:49 PM
many of them still don't have enough info on their profile to distinguish them from Adam.

Oh that's easy, Adam didn't have a navel, he was created not born. ;D
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Ernie on October 08, 2012, 09:57:08 PM
Quote from: tyb525 on October 07, 2012, 09:01:49 PM
many of them still don't have enough info on their profile to distinguish them from Adam.

I look forward to meeting my original ancestor one day.  :)
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

banjerplayer

this post started out good and just got better
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Misfit

Depends on your point of view......I don't think he ever existed but that we all evolved from lower life forms. YMMV.
I am neither a Philopolemic Blatherskite nor a Bloviating, Sialoquent Blatteroon.

"Say nuthin and saw wood."

tcsmpsi

I'm always looking to see what part of the world one is speaking from, when speaking of most things.  It helps to see perspective, and implement effective communication.

Hundreds, no...thousands of folks already know where I'm at.  I reckon a few more thousand won't make much difference.  The only ones should be concerned, would be those showing up to misbehave.   ;D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Misfit on October 09, 2012, 11:30:26 AM

Depends on your point of view......I don't think he ever existed but that we all evolved from lower life forms. YMMV.

:P

I believe he was created, but I am not so sure he didn't have a navel. I also suspect the trees that were created had rings inside them. Both are indicators of age or a growth process-- the universe was created to show age. Adam was created as a full-grown adult, not a baby-- the trees were created as trees, not seedlings, and each would resemble something that "could" have been there a long time, therefore, having growth rings. Adam would resemble a man who had been alive for a good while, and as an example of a normal member of the human race-- arguably the "most normal" with perfect genetics-- he would have what all other humans have, a belly-button. Now he may have had one thing that many of us do not have-- a scar over his rib cage where a rib was removed to make his wife.

YMMV.

WDH

OK, lets stop for a minute.  No need to make this thread go the the Restricted Topics area.  If y'all want to debate Adam, do not do it on this thread.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Okrafarmer

Quote from: WDH on October 09, 2012, 08:50:25 PM
OK, lets stop for a minute.  No need to make this thread go the the Restricted Topics area.  If y'all want to debate Adam, do not do it on this thread.

Oops, sorry.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I had a member PM me his phone number this afternoon. He was on the road and saw my post about old Pine beams.
I called him and we had a really nice chat about websites and old beam marketing.

I saw on his profile he has been a member since 2005 and he did not have posted where he lives.
So I either had to ask him or look up his area code.

I chose to ask him and he told me. Super nice guy and very knowledgeable on marketing old beams.

I guess he just chose not to post his location, and I got to respect that.

Just my 2 cents worth.

WDH

David,

You can run, but you can't hide  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on October 09, 2012, 09:27:07 PM
David,

DanG Pop, I'm gonna have to get a new costume......I mean it is October. Boooo!

WmFritz

Quote from: thecfarm on October 07, 2012, 09:32:44 PM
One more too, about tractors... I need the HP to know about the size of it

Okay ... I added mine. But, I'm embarrassed to list the rating of my little 22 H.P. tractor smiley_dunce
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

thechknhwk

Bad River is not a location..... ;D

From Wikipedia
The Bad River is a 44.3-mile-long (71.3 km)[2] river in Michigan. It rises in Gratiot County and empties into the Shiawassee River in Saginaw County.

tcsmpsi

Quote from: WDH on October 09, 2012, 09:27:07 PM
David,

Ain't it so.   ;D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Magicman

I would much rather post my location than to have folks guessing whether I was a Redneck. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Okrafarmer

Magicman, you still haven't listed your classic tractors.  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!