iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whatzit?

Started by Jeff, February 22, 2006, 10:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

What are we looking at here? This may be an easy one. :) 

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

What's stuck to SB's pants?  and your diet coke bottle?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tom

A pail of glistening gems.

Jeff

Yer sir-rey Bob. Thats Long Leaf super sap. Here is a photo with my sawing buddy, Wade's head behind one of those sticky logs. Joan and I both took many photos trying to capture what we could see, but you just could not do it. Those beads of pitch looked for all the world like the log ends were covered in jewels when the sun would refract through them.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

UNCLEBUCK

When I had the opportunity once to hand peel semi loads of white and red pine I could stand my pants up at night but the sap was never gushing out like that , couldnt get a pop can to stick thats for sure but I sure love the smell of pine sap . It looks like a nice thin bark for peeling though .
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Pullinchips

resin on the butt of a log.
Resident Forester
US Army Corps of Engineers: Savannah District

Clemson Forestry Grad 2004
MFR Clemson University 2006
Stihl MS 390

jon12345

thats   tree blood  :( :'( :'( :'( :'(
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

woodnut

looks like whats stuck to the bed of my truck, but prettier. I don't get out enough.

SwampDonkey

I was going to say the beginnings of the formation of Amber, Jewel of the Earth. ;D

I ment to ask Tom about amber. Have they ever found amber in Florida? I saw Nova a week ago and they were picking it (Baltic Amber) up off the beeches in Poland. They had bugs and lizards encased in the stuff 20-120 Million years old.  :o
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

I hve never heard of amber being found in Florida.  ???

SwampDonkey

I guess it was the German Baltic, not Poland where the amber is most famous. My geography isn't the greatest in the world.  I guess where i got messed up was that the host of the show got a piece of amber from a Polish girl during the war. ::)

I think the lizard stuff was from down in Dominican Republic, they dug it out of the earth. They found fig wasps and tree leaves that were millions of years old and they still exist today. Cool stuff.  What was really cool was that the Dominican amber contained animals that existed in Australia today and nowhere else. So that made the link with continental drift between Australia and South America. :)

Apparently they have large deposits in New Jersey.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!