iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Basic mechanical help

Started by r.man, October 09, 2013, 10:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r.man

This video shows a firewood processing station, or set up. I wouldn't call it a processor exactly but it shows ingenuity and the ability to make do while keeping things simple. Has some interesting points but the main thing I want to point out is at about the four minute mark that shows the wood going from the splitter to a trailer. KISS principle to the max. I tip my imaginary hat to the designer for getting the job done in a simple manner.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Clja6n0n4BM
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

WmFritz

r.man, the video didn't attach to you post.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

r.man

That's because I am an idiot and after rereading and editing my post as I always do I forgot to actually attach the video I was talking about. Luckily I have learned to modify my posts so now I don't know what you are talking about. Did I say that out loud? Thanks for the heads up.

Hilltop366

Using gravity instead of fighting it not as common as it use to be! Location location location.

Looks like he is using a electric winch to advance the log, to take it one step farther and have the log pusher run in a track and use the electric winch to shuttle back and forth there would be no need to drag the winch line out an hook it on the log.

AnthonyW

If you look at the 7 minute mark, there is a french fry cutter design issue as will. Logs were getting jammed between the splitter wedge and the side. I would have liked to see the table were the rounds fall directly connected to the splitter. Even less lifting.
'97 Wood-Mizer LT25 All Manual with 15HP Kohler

r.man

I expect that he could trim down a fair bit of work with a few minor refinements but he is probably so happy with the work he is saving that he hasn't bothered. Without changing his winch setup he could save a trip around by putting his canthook at the other end of the deck and a simple ramp at the splitter would allow him to slide blocks across instead of lifting them. Still, what he has is a tremendous improvement over a totally manual system. Warms the cockles of the heart, whatever those are.

Thank You Sponsors!