iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wakeboardin'

Started by BW_Williams, September 02, 2004, 09:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BW_Williams

What better way to rehab from a long summer than wakeboarding.  The boys didn't think I had it in me, but they didn't realize I used to be a pretty good water skier back in the day.  That farmer tan looks gooood!  Columbia River near Rock Island.

Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

etat

Why ya old son of a gun!!!!!  :)  That sure looks like fun. Nice scenery to boot!
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Fla._Deadheader

Last time I was on water skis was the '60's. Probably need a helio chopper to get me up now. ??? :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Buzz-sawyer

I skied in the Columbia.......North of Wenachee Wash.....................MAN was that COLD  :o :o :oit was the heat of July but that glacial water was bitter...not like the Mississipi 8)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

BW_Williams

Cold?  Man I think the Columbia's up to 60°, you want cold try Lake Wenatchee, doubt if it ever gets above 50°, then there's the hike in lakes, when I was about 12 or 13 I swam with icebergs.  I kid you not.  Had snow on the ridge behind our place yesterday morning, but I ain't puttin' the ski boat away yet!  Saw the Mississippi once, only been East of it once, didn't much care for it over there, but I Don't think I found the right crowd, if'n ya know what I mean.  :)  BWW

beenthere

Bringin' back old memories. I learned to ski in Lake Michigan just south of Sheboygan, June of '59. Water temp due to a late Spring, was 46 degree F.  Kid running the boat (35 hp Johnson outboard) thought he had to turn around, change hands on the throttle, every time he saw you get up out of the water on the ski's. Problem, the boat lost power (what little it had) when the throttle cut back when changing hands. Finally convinced him to face forward, not let go of the throttle, and keep the power on. Just walking in 6" of water on the beach caused the ankles to ache something fierce.
Anymore, my back gets tired real fast water skiing, but I still enjoy it occasionally, and whenever I get a chance.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Buzz-sawyer

I spent the day once up near Leavenworth at a lake....BW what is that one called?? ??? ??? ???
Mostly sat under a shade tree with a blond lady sipin cabernet and watchin the jet skis 8) 8)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

BW_Williams

Buzz, that was Lake Wenatchee I bet, and there's nothing wrong with sitting in the shade with a blonde 8) but I prefer Crown :D  BWW

BW_Williams

I'm still learning this new camera, thought I'd post another pic.  This is Cam, my youngest and he's a river rat, he love's the water, enjoys boating, and as worked out to be a top notch First Mate. :)  Columbia River at the confluence with Wenatchee River with Burch Mtn in the background (if that hill could talk......)  BWW

Buzz-sawyer

Bw...love that country hicked up by icicle creek up with the lions.....I also spent time at chelan lake area....your makin me miss Wash.  with your pics! (and the blond too :D)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Thank You Sponsors!