Do ya DIVE them rivers???  We gotta talk ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

gmmills

Fla-,
      To sharpen the Munks blades, I use the WM 9/29 cam on my sharpener. The tooth and gullet geometry of the Munk's blade is nearly identical to the WM 9 deg blade with the only differences being in tooth and hook angle. The Munk's blades have a taller tooth and a 10 deg hook angle. By adjusting the hook angle on the sharpener and dressing the grinding wheel properly, you can do a good job of dupli
cating the original tooth geometry.
     How old is the sharpener you have? The reason I ask is I have 2. One was made in 1991 and the other in 99. The 99 has a few good revised parts which can be retrofitted to the old model.

Kirk ,
 I  saw on a production basis and the 1 1/2 blade I feel allows me to saw faster. The wider blades have less tendency to flex backwards toward the roller flanges while in the cut. Helps alot in wider cuts.  You will only see a  benefit with wider blades with higher hp engines.
   I have a 42 hp Kubota.
Custom sawing full-time since 2000. 
WM LT70D62 Remote with Accuset
Sawing since 1995

Fla._Deadheader

GM, got no idea how old the sharpener and setter is. Probably early 90's.
   First, it is ridiculed;

rvrdivr

Yeah, I dive for indian artifacts and fossils in the rivers in central Florida. I have seen thousands of deadheads over the years. I have several friends that have been logging them for the last few years.  

Fla._Deadheader

We REALLY gotta talk :o :o :o
   First, it is ridiculed;

shopteacher

Harold you should get Ed a pair of them mud shoes so he could walk around on the bottom while looking for logs. ;D Thanks for the link rvrdivr and welcome to the forum.

Reground and reset the MS blade I run into the log clamp today. I'm not nearly as experienced as a lot of you guys and this is just my opinion as I've been out running it through a couple logs and I think it cuts as good as when it was new. I sawed an old 30"silver leaf maple and a 24" cherry with it so far and I'm quite pleased with the results I've had. So either it's sawing pretty good or I'm just to dumb to know the difference.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Fla._Deadheader

:o :o Teech, what an opening you left ::) ;D :D :D :D :D

Ed don't need them mudshoes. The sand is snow white. Ya just gotta put some in yer pocket, so's ya can look at it in the clear air. ;D ;D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Rod

David said he will be sending me a free blade

Bigdogpc

I got treated like a red headed step child...the fella I talked to swore they don't give free blades (it wasn't David).  I couldn't even get a free one after I ordered a dozen!  Oh well, I don't know where or when I will be sawing but I'm convinced these Monkey blades should do the trick for me...

Fla._Deadheader

BigDog, if David ain't available to take yer call, Don'T even go any further. Hang up and call back again, early morning or later in the evening.

May hafta get a set of them mudshoes ::)  River is gettin so low, we ran aground 4 times returning with 4 logs, yesterday. :o :o :o

Good thing we didn't have the BIG ONE  tied on to the barge::) ::)

We found one with 2--5' logs attached to a 4'+ crotch, that is about 10 feet long.  ;) ;)  May end up strainin ole Homey's loader with this one  ;D ;D ;D ;D  AFTER we figger a way to MOVE it.

Ed waded into the mucky abyss and I tossed him the machete to do some clearin. He wrapped the cable around it, and I backed off about 10 feet, to pay out some slack. I pulled up to the mud bank, and then went back'ards at full tilt. Cable came tight, I nearly fell off the back of the barge, bent the steering wheel, and Ed yells, YA SHOOK IT ::) ;D :D :D :D

We gotta do some more figgerin ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D  Ed says, "She's a Dandy"  ;D ;D ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

shopteacher

FDH: tell Ed ta make sure you haven't hooked onto the Hunley! :D :D
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Fla._Deadheader

Teech, funny you should mention the Hunley. We know the guy that found it, and, have worked on his boat. We are going to have him look for some logs with his Side-Scan Sonar Unit.
   First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!