iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gave the WPF a workout

Started by Qweaver, March 29, 2012, 12:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

I gave the Peterson a good workout today.  I sawed the 6000 lb poplar today.  The saw worked fine but my body was about to give-out before it was done.  I sawed it down to 6" then put the remainder on the LT28 and got 8 more 2x4s out of it.  I lost a little of the log to mistakes but not bad.  I've got a 38" dia x 11' log to do tomorrow.  I've got to get 150 3/4 x 2" x10' battens out of it.  I think I'll cut 10'x10" cants on the Peterson and then take them to the WM to make the battens.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

boatman

I hope you have a loader to move those cants!

Magicman

Sounds like you are getting the hang of it.  Break them down and whack them up.    smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Husband

Sounds like it gave you a workout  :D
My neighbour just popped over and next weekend I am required to go help cut up 40 ton of logs, misc sizes.....nice way to spend a long weekend. :-\

hackberry jake

Whackin and stackin! Now we just need pictures.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Husband on March 30, 2012, 05:23:00 PM
Sounds like it gave you a workout  :D
My neighbour just popped over and next weekend I am required to go help cut up 40 ton of logs, misc sizes.....nice way to spend a long weekend. :-\
Me tired.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

sgschwend

Here is two other ideas for you to consider for making battens as a side note I prefer to use 2 3/4" for the width, makes them stronger less break:

Cut 2X10 and then stack those on the bandmill,
or
Make several 2" deep passes vertically cutting both directions and then when you have about 9 of them, swing the mill and removed the bunch.  You can nearly double you rate that way.

enjoy
Steve Gschwend

sjgschwend@gmail.com

Qweaver

Quote from: sgschwend on April 01, 2012, 09:39:11 PM
Here is two other ideas for you to consider for making battens as a side note I prefer to use 2 3/4" for the width, makes them stronger less break:

Cut 2X10 and then stack those on the bandmill,
or
Make several 2" deep passes vertically cutting both directions and then when you have about 9 of them, swing the mill and removed the bunch.  You can nearly double you rate that way.

I ended up making 8ea 2"x10" horizontal cuts and then 8 3/4" vertical cuts.  Worked good.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Thank You Sponsors!