iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got my new Log-Master LM2!!

Started by 379hammerdown, August 03, 2007, 06:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

379hammerdown

I picked this up a week ago... and its awesome! The thing is designed very well, super heavy duty, very user friendly & I love it. I also LOVE the board dragback on this thing! Just back the customers trailer to the front of the mill, and use it to drag the boards right to the back of their trailer. Pretty neat :) I know that there arent many logmaster pictres on here so I figured I'd share a few from yesterday. I have a few more in my gallery

Norm

Sweet!

Looks like you've broken it in already by that whack of lumber on the trailer. :)

Dave Shepard

Nice! Congrats on the new mill.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

Went and checked out your gallery.The mill and lumber looks good.How many hp you got,power up and down,what else you got?You going to do some sawing for yourself? Have fun.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

379hammerdown

Thanks, its a lot of fun! The engine that I have on there is the 26HP Kohler water cooled engine, which proves to be a good combo for what I'm doing. They offer diesel engines too. Its hydraulic everything... head rig up, down, forward, back.... guide arm in & out.. log turner & front dog up, down, in & out... back dogs up & down, rolling toe boards up & down, loaders front & back up & down, & the board drag back works very nicely too.  I'm sawing for others & myself... and having a blast!

sawmilllawyer

Hot diggitty dog, Great looking mill, now I am jealous.  8) 8) 8)
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

tcsmpsi

See?  Good things are worth waiting for, 379.   :D

Did you ever explain to Ed why you didn't want decals?   ;D

Were you pleased in the way it tows? 

Hey....Congratulations!

(just make sure Buner doesn't become another American Desert, ok?)

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

brdmkr

Quote from: tcsmpsi on August 08, 2007, 08:56:47 AM

OK, can you tell the rest of us about the decals? 
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

379hammerdown

Quote from: tcsmpsi on August 08, 2007, 08:56:47 AM

Were you pleased in the way it tows? 

Hey....Congratulations!

(just make sure Buner doesn't become another American Desert, ok?)

Hey Tcmpsi, we talked about you when I was getting my tutorial on the mill... nothing bad!!!

I'm certainly thrilled to have it :) I'm so happy now that I have to sit on both hands to keep from waving at everybody! I didnt want decals on the thing because I eventually will be placing my own number and such on there... and over the band wheels is a good spot to put the information eh? It tows vantastic... just have to get used to the legnth when turning into driveways... ask my mailbox! Today I was cutting some Cedar logs for two nice guys in Buna and the bearing on the guide arm siezed up. I called and I'm getting a new on. Not their fault though... things break. Gotta go!!

tcsmpsi

I know you're happy to have it, hammerdown.  Heck of a machine, isn't it?   ;)

brdmkr,

I was waiting until hammerdown chimed in before making any further mention of the decals.  When I was up there last and trying to find out about the status of hammerdown's LM2, it was just an issue that perplexed Ed somewhat as to why he wouldn't want the decals. 

And now, we have it from hammerdown himself as to the 'why' of it.   :D

Grease fitting stripped out of one of my guide rollers, hammerdown.  I Gorilla Glued it back in and it has worked fine since.

Ed offered to replace it when I told him about it in passing, but I told him wasn't any need for that, but that he might remember that when it is time to replace them.  ;D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

customsawyer

Sorry to hear that you got saw dust in your blood, now you will be at it the ret of your life. :D
Congratulations and best of luck to ya.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

brdmkr

I was hoping for something a bit more 'juicy'.  When I first saw a Logmaster mill, I thought they went a bit overboard with their on-machine advertising.  I like hammerdown's idea.  If that is a good place for Logmaster to advertise, it should be a good place for him.

Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

tcsmpsi

Well, there you have it.  You see what happens now when a fellow doesn't get out and about a lot.

All this time, I thought it was just a way to make a better blend of the black and yellow color scheme.  (that happens when you let plants and their flowers influence your thinking too much)          :D

379hammerdown

Yep, I'm hooked now  :D With what I had before... it was fun to cut some logs and get results out of it... but it sure was a LOT of work. Now, I can literally cut 8ish logs in the time it took me to cut just one and I dont even break a sweat  8) Ok ok... I'm lying about he sweat part... its hot as the dickens outside and I'm sweatin before I even get the house door shut! You get the picture though.

I just got back from Nacogdoches, Tx where Log-master is located to get a new guide roller assembly for my guide arm. A bearing siezed up in it, which is a sealed bearing. I called em and they said they can overnight a new one to me & send the old one back... or come on up there. Hey... I GOT PLANS ya know??? So I piled up in the back of the mini van.... & slept while my wife drove me up there  8) They got me all squared away with a brand new guide roller, showed me again how to get it all aligned, answered more of my "Trademark" Stupid Keith questions with a smile.... and I left for home still pleased that I had purchased this mill from them.

I got the new part back on the mill, aligned & ready to cut more Cedar tomorrow at the crack of dawn! Isn't this FUN!!!

Well for he "Juicy" part you want brdmkr, well, though I think Log-Master makes a terrific mill I dont think its necessary to cover the thing with advertisements. If there's going to be advertisements on the thing, theyre going to be for my benefit :) If someone likes the mill and wants one, naturally I'll tell em its a Log-Master! I also pull the dealership signs off the back of my vehicles too hah!

Migal

;D Dang wish I could cut and paste as well as saw Lumber with My Log Master I do like a positive Note. Wonder why they don't sponsor here. They seem like the type that don't need anything but word of mouth kinda like How's business in your area Hmm  8) 8) 8) Yes I luv mine too... Just wish it came with a good off loader LOL!!!
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Ga Mtn Man

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Migal

:D It's ale good err whoops Hmm  8) Just sawed up another dang pine that had tension and compression pith was like two inch's off center I keep telling everyone I Like Hard Wood but heck free pine is pine LOL  :P
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Meadows Miller

Gday

And Congrats on the New Mill I have always liked the look of The Log Master I think it will do a top job for you Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Migal

Yes its doing a fine job but is like any piece of equipment New Lot's to learn but slow and easy is the way I start Im into it more than my RL job allow's time so Im behind on what I would love to do and can't quit my day job just yet (I just get paid to much  8) ) all in all you never get paid enough so sawing is what I want to do and need to get a JD with FEL to make my off bearing a bit funner WEE!!!

Lud

He's had the mill 5 years, guys.................keep an eye on the date of origin. ;D
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

slider

I see you got it just in time ,the bark is slipping on that pine in your first pix.That stuff is not fun to get rid of.Enjoy your new mill.
al glenn

Thank You Sponsors!