iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2014 Wood Mizer Open house In Maine

Started by Peter Drouin, March 28, 2014, 09:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

Be sure to allow enough time to get there. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Magicman

This should be very interesting!!   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Here's my results from the show.
Kevin,at the Logrite booth    logrite_cool

That LT15 Wide,which did a mighty fine job sawing that white pine.

A bunch of LT15 on pallets

A line up of some more mills.

A very fine day.  :)
I even got a Logrite brownie.   logrite_cool      smiley_clapping  The camera guy was not quick enough,it was gone. I was about halfway home when I came too about the brownies.  ::)   I can't remember nothing. I drove back breaking every speed limit law along the way. There was Kevin with a pan in his hands.  ;D  Heaven was in reach. Thank you Mrs. Logrite.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dave Shepard

Where's Peter and his new LT70 Wide Head? :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

He should be just about home by now.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Magicman

He is even luckier that most realize.  I understand that we have a thread coming named; "You gotta see what I got today" and I even have a picture to post in it.  This "event" has been developing for a few weeks.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

Well What I time I-We Had. A lot of mills , They had the LT15 wide head with a 18 horse Diesel.

26 and it can go more :D

It cut well , but when the time came to turn the log It's nice to have a Cat ;D

And get it just right ;) I think Jim Rogers liked it too.

We were talking Just before Cfarm [Ray] showed up.

They had I nice LT70 with a 50 horse Yanmar in it with the joysticks, I don't know if I like joysticks.

Nice edger too

Well lunch was called And by then The FF was well represented  :D

From the left is me , The Cfarm,Jim Rogers, and ALcranb
Ross fed us good. Open face turkey with potatoes and greens.

Some venders too, and mills and mills and mills  :D :D :D :D

What I time , And ALcranb do you know how the Grits Got on my truck? I hear you might know. :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Peter forgot to mention the $50 WM coffee cup he is holding from the drawing.  :D

thecfarm

I had a mighty fine day on the getting part of life today. He is some honey I got from Peter Drouin.

To all the good looking FF members that was posted by Peter we missed GAB!!!   :(  He was there all day as we was. He came up to the house to drop of a special package from Magicman. We are sorry we missed you.

Peter Drouin

How did he miss us, we were everywhere. :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

Peter,that is what I told GAB. Jim looks just like his avatar. A hard man too miss.

Alcranb

Had an outstanding day!! Sooooo much candy it could make a grown man cry  :D
It was great to be able to put a face with a forum member and share the day. Thanks Jim, Peter, Mrs. Peter, Cfarm. It was a good day to be a FF member  :) oh, and lunch was outstanding thanks to Ross and crew.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

Jim_Rogers

Although I have been sick all week, I managed the 3 hour drive north to the Maine open house.

I did have a good time, and a great lunch. Thanks to all who were there and spoke to me.

I'm sorry I missed GAB. Don't know how he could miss us with our Forestry Forum hats on. Oh, well maybe next time.

I did have one young man say to me: "you must be Jim?" And I asked him if he was a FF member. He said he had been reading it for a long time but hadn't posted any thing as most questions he had were already asked and answered. I don't know if he has a screen name or not but you could post here and let us know what you're up to. I don't know if he had a mill yet, or was just "wishing".....

Jim Rogers

Thanks to Peter from my wife for the honey.
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

GAB

Jim:
I figured you would be with Ray.  I asked the hosts, both Ross & Maureen, to point out Ray to me and they did not recognize the name.
I went through the list of registerees and saw Ray's name so I knew he was or had been there.
After the show, using his address, I got directions to Ray's from Maureen and Autumn and headed off to his place to make a special delivery of the package I got from Lynn.
Saw Ray's sugaring set up, saw his mill, my wife got her puppy fix with his dog, etc.
For those interested:  I plan on going to the log show (Essex Jct., VT) on Friday the 9th and will plan on being in the W-M area at 11:00 AM.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Jim_Rogers

GAB:
I thought/think we're meeting at the Logrite shared booth at 11am.

Don't know for sure.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

GAB

Jim:
I haven't gone back and reread the post but I thought that the meeting location was either W-M or LR or undecided at the time of the post.
That is why I specified the Place, Time, and Date so there would be no questions.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

thecfarm

I walked in and found Jim in minutes and Peter was right beside him.Small place like that,a walk around 2-3 times in about 15 minutes and you will have seen everyone there.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: thecfarm on April 15, 2014, 10:15:24 AM
I walked in and found Jim in minutes and Peter was right beside him.Small place like that,a walk around 2-3 times in about 15 minutes and you will have seen everyone there.

Ray, We did not see GAB because he was too busy sneaking around with your box of grits. :D :D :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Thank You Sponsors!