iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cracked oil tank MS311

Started by KamHillbilly, January 14, 2018, 09:04:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KamHillbilly

Cutting firewood the other week , -30C the chain grabbed a snipe and threw it against oil tank now oil tank seems to have a leak right where it seems that the composites are molded  together . Found a new one on EBay looks like a challenge to change . Anyone else had this issue I guess this is what I get for not coughing up the extra 300 for professional saw .
Homemade Bandmill ,Clark 664b ,Case 780b ,Jonsered 670,630

dougand3

It will be very time consuming to change chassis/crankcase. Every part has to come off and re-installed on new chassis. And the expense of a new chassis.
I'd look for a plastic repair method...plastic weld, plastic epoxy, heat, whatever. Search web for chainsaw plastic repair.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

ZeroJunk

I think I would just let it leak. Store it bar up or whatever.

Texas-Jim

I dont know of after market source and new housing is about 125 bucks plus its an extensive job as doug said. Can be plastic welded but you have find a person with plastic welder. JB weld makes a two part plastic menter in a syringe type applicator that work half way good if its clean ans scuffed up.
What we do in life echoes through eternity.

KamHillbilly

I have a stick that the pipeline used to cover nicks in coating on pipeline you heat with torch going to give that a try first . Fingers crossed?

Thanks

joe_indi

Could you post a picture of the damaged area

KamHillbilly

Quote from: joe_indi on January 20, 2018, 11:37:41 AM
Could you post a picture of the damaged area
Ill take a few pictures tomorrow

Thank You Sponsors!