iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT28 wood block broke

Started by Qweaver, August 29, 2016, 03:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

The wood block inside top of the mill blade housing broke in two.  Any special wood? I was just going to use a piece of white oak to replace it.  I can't think it would make any difference.

Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

elk42

That will be fine because the block is only for reducing  blade flutter on the slack side
of the blade.
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

sparks

Just make sure it is the same size.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Chuck White

Yes, I think any "hardwood" would be suitable.

If it's anything like the LT40's that have a bolt, the distance between the top of the block and the bottom of a tensioned blade should be somewhere around 1/16" clearance.

Was the block glued in, or put in with a couple of short screws?
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

drobertson

Did not know they used wood, I might be tempted to change it over to the 3/8 set screw like the 40's the small surface area reduces any possible heat build up and the adjustments are quick and simple,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!