iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

"Smart" Watch

Started by Magicman, December 14, 2018, 07:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I have experienced a few "episodes" with my heartbeat rate so I decided to get one of those gizmos that will monitor my heart rate, etc.  Not that it will change anything but at least I will have a record of what is going on.

There are many different ones but I decided to go with this one.  The review that I watched rated Apple as #1 (probably done by Apple) and this Garmin as #2.  I don't know but Fitbit, Garmin, and all of them probably come off of the same assembly line.  At least it is not as bulky as some that I have seen.

I did all of the computer & iPhone setup/sync stuff yesterday so we shall see.  So far it has told me that I got 4 hrs & 11 min of deep and 1 hr and 4 min of light sleep last night and I was awake for 10 min.  (I got up at 4:00).   Run time between charges is supposed to be ~5 days.

It's synced up and even gives me a quick look at the weather.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

And pretty soon you will be getting emails for sleep aids, custom pillows, new mattress, etc. Nothing these companies do is without attached strings. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

I think that it will tell more than I want to know, but I turned off a bunch of stuff.  Right now it will show; time, heartbeats, weather, & footsteps. 

It bluetooths to the phone; heartbeat rate, steps, activity intensity level & minutes, calories used, & deep & light sleep hours & minutes.  Yesterday's and last 7 day's activity.  smiley_dizzy

Incoming texts and phone calls buzz and show up on the screen.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

Just watch you don't swat the buzz thinking it is a horse fly!!!  Many moons back I had an issued pager, first time it went off I was at home getting up on a ladder and thought a hornet had landed on my hip and was about to sting me, I hit that thing so hard that it broke the clip right off the back and sent it flying.   ::). Had to call the boss and give him the news.  :-\
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Wonder do they make a watch that will say "Danger.....Danger.....Back Off! "
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ron Scott

I have the Fitbit which monitors all that you stated plus more than I use also.
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!