iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

It is so cold here that my outside sensor quit working this morning. Don't really want to know how cold it is anyway. I wonder if batteries freeze.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

pigman

Yesterday was the warmest day of the year and today is the coldest day of the year at -3 . These temperature swings are crazy.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Autocar

I had 19 below at eight this morning with a breeze, don't know what the wind chill is but it is cold !
Bill

curdog

The glaciers slid down to my house this morning... 5 degrees when I cranked up the truck.  :snowball:

PC-Urban-Sawyer

It's 32 F here in Panama City, Florida at 10:00 am on the second of January!!!

thecfarm

pigman,the average should work in your favor.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

pigman

Let me see. -3 and +3 averages out to 0 degrees. That means there is no temperature.   ???               
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

coxy

8) put on my shorts no shirt and tried to get a sun tan today is was a vary hot +18 at noon :D

snowstorm

A steaming 2 degrees today just like the last 7 or more

SwampDonkey

Yeah, it got up into the teens here yesterday also and sun. But that is gonna change Thursday with a blizzard. Oh well, a week of nice sunny weather, then some snow work, can't complain too much. :D

Oh, seen where some big old 'yote left a deer leg on my property line, which is also where I make a snowshoe trail. That leaves two deer, although they have not been on the woodlot. The leg probably came from over in Maine, just about 500 yards away. Have not seen the moose for awhile.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

-5 and a heat wave is coming.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Roller Coaster weather going on here now!

We had -18° yesterday and today it's up at +18°

Got a little snow yesterday & last night!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

chevytaHOE5674

Still cold and snowy up here. Another 5 or 6 inches last night and its still coming down.

SwampDonkey

-10 this morning and bright sun. Coldest here yet. That means a warm up coming for a storm brewing.  ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sandhills

Radio said 8* this morning with negative 9 windchill but there isn't any wind really, feels like a heat wave, Sunday is suppose to hit 35, don't know if I'll be allowed (legally) to shed enough clothes for that  :D.

thecfarm

What a diffence 20° makes!!!! 22° and the sun is out. The cold spell is over. But will be back in 2 days.

SwampDonkey

Yup, well it hit 20 here today to.  We was down to Smyrna for dinner at Brookside Inn. Good home cook'n. 8)

Five turkeys today on the hill, someone local feeds the birds.

thecfarm

Brookside Inn? Is that at the entrance to the freeway,just a little before the Amish store?
Kinda odd temps. We went to the granddaughter's basketball game,they won!! Was at least 16°. About 10 minutes away it was 10° than dropped down to 6 a few more minutes. I wanted to turn the car around and head back where we came from.  ;D

Hilltop366

Suppose to get 87 mph wind gust, a bit of snow and 2 inches of rain tomorrow.

Power company is expecting outages, some people around here lost power for 4 or 5 days from the last big wind on Christmas day, hoping I get by again.

SwampDonkey

Yes, it is near the I95 exit and the Amish store. We quite often eat there, and take a ride down by the store and the buffalo and around by Ward cabin mill and down around Island Falls by the windmills. We can't get over all the farm land that has been abandoned. One little garden and green house isn't feeding too many folks. A long cold ride to Houltan for the groceries.  ;D

thecfarm

That is about a 4 hour ride for us. But it's a nice ride. I forgot the route number now. We just go. Maybe 2.
Well we know it can get in the 20's. 0 here now.

Al_Smith

Funny here of late no comments of global warming from Florida to Maine. Maybe it went away ? The alligators in Alabama are growing fur coats .

SwampDonkey

Yes, old route 2 goes up through there.

snowstorm

i was just reading the cbc news . it said 3 sharks froze to death  around cape cod

Woodcutter_Mo

Had 5°F here this morning and to warm up into the upper 20's. I'm exited about next week, the forecast showed 50 one day and 55 the next day. Hope the weather man don't change his mind!
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

Thank You Sponsors!