iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM LT10 Limit

Started by Sixacresand, August 10, 2012, 10:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

My new log diameter limit is 18" for my LT 10.  The Woodmizer claim that the LT10 can handle 24" logs is for somebody who has lots more help than me and lives in a cooler climate.   
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

jPell

Haha. I hear ya. The max on my LT-15 is 28 inches. I may have gotten a little bit ambitious with my last delivery and had him include a 30 inch log thinking I could just trim it up a little bit with a chainsaw to "make it fit". Not really looking forward to turning that cant after playing around with a few 24 inch logs. We'll see.
Wood-Mizer LT-15 with 3 beds, Husky 455, no tractor (yet).
There's something about a saw blade making its way through a piece of wood.

dgdrls

Won't be long that little fellow in your member photo will be rolling 24" logs up on the bed for Papa. ;)

How is your 10 treating you?

DGDrls,

Delawhere Jack

Daddy always told me not to let my crocodile mouth get my hummingbird azz in a jam.. Guess I should have listened better...

It took me and the customer 2 hours to get this 1,500lb cherry log in position for the opening cut..........

I'm going hydraulic........

Sixacresand

Quote from: jPell on August 10, 2012, 10:25:26 PM
Haha. I hear ya. The max on my LT-15 is 28 inches. I may have gotten a little bit ambitious with my last delivery and had him include a 30 inch log thinking I could just trim it up a little bit with a chainsaw to "make it fit". Not really looking forward to turning that cant after playing around with a few 24 inch logs. We'll see.

JPell, I hope you got some help with turning those cants.  I use a winch anchored to a pine to help me.  Sawing those capacity logs can be a challenge.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Sixacresand

Quote from: dgdrls on August 10, 2012, 10:28:00 PM
Won't be long that little fellow in your member photo will be rolling 24" logs up on the bed for Papa. ;)

How is your 10 treating you?

DGDrls,

DGDrls,  I probably be at the old folks home by the time that boy is big enough to do any milling.   The 10 works just fine.  It keeps me busy and off the street.

thecfarm

Help? As in hyds??  :D  I know what you mean.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

customsawyer

Wise men know the limit of their equipment. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

clww

And themselves, too. I'm NOT a wise man! :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!