iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Farquar SawMill

Started by MARK9534, July 03, 2018, 10:57:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MARK9534

Does anyone know where I might be able to get some information, literature, drawings for a Farquar mill.  I opened my big mouth again and told somebody I would take it off their hands.   I thinking of rebuilding it if I can find some good information.   It needs a lot of work but all the parts are there.  Any suggestions would be gre

atly appreciated

Ron Wenrich

Are you sure its a Farquhar?  It looks to be in fairly decent shape.  What are you going to rebuild?  I ran one a long time ago, and they were pretty much like a Frick.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

DMcCoy

I posted a complete set of the drawings I have on The Forestry Forum.

Farquhar Circle Sawmill Doc's in Sawmills and Milling

Puffergas

This was my Farquhar mill.

Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

bandmiller2

AB Farquar co. York Pa. as Ron said they are very much like a Frick and are a good mill. Most of the old handset mill have adjustments to compensate for wear. The company built good well engineered farm and mill equipment. I had one of their high pressure boilers that ran my mill for many years. Set the mill up as you would any other handset mill. Take a lot of measurements and pictures before you dismantle and move it. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

MARK9534

Quote from: DMcCoy on July 03, 2018, 02:58:36 PM
I posted a complete set of the drawings I have on The Forestry Forum.

Farquhar Circle Sawmill Doc's in Sawmills and Milling
Thank Sir,
Right after I posted my question i found them.  They will be extremely helpful.

DMcCoy

If they are too grainy let me know.  I still have the originals.

I also uploaded a set of documents( a booklet) on circle sawmill operation and maintenance from R. Hoe.,  I found these more useful than anything else.

Nice find on the mill! 

Thank You Sponsors!