iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dadgum buzz'n varmint

Started by Tom, May 09, 2004, 04:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Trying to eat a hole in my shovel handle.

LeeB

A carpenter bee I suppose? Put a pipe handle in your shovel and see if that don't give him a toothache :D LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Tom

I have a pipe for a handle in a little garden hoe and the mud daubers keep fixing the hole in the end. :D

Ain't nature funny, :-/  The bees keep cutting those perfect little holes and the daubers keep fixin'em. :D

Furby

The hornets are all over my picnic table today!  :-/

Tom

Furby

Tom

I didn't know hornets ate Table. ???

Furby

The table is pine and I'm thinking they may be paper wasp. Really don't know what they are, and they are real mean looking so I really don't care to get close enough to find out!!!  ;D
I had to get rid of two small nests yesterday, one under the table, and one in the boat.

SwampDonkey

[size=8]Whack    _\|/_[/size]

problem solved :D ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Furby

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

There were to many of them for that.
I opened the hood on the old truck last night, and had to remove a few more nests.  :-/

SwampDonkey

August is a bad month for wasps here. The yellow jackets are in the ground and the white arsed ones are at ground level to face level ready to teach you a lesson if you run into them. :D :D

Bad boy, bad boy, what you gonna do? What you gonna do when I come for you?  :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

The Deer Flies/Yellow Flies are upon us here.  Talk about an annoying insect. :-/   They appear over a period of about 3 days in the edges of the woods and their populatiion reaches such magnatude that you run for cover.  

They congregate in the lee of anything moving.  Outside mirrors on the car, behind the cab of the truck, behind the truck, behind your back and the backs of your arms and legs.

Attracted to the heat and Carbon dioxide of exhausts, they make driving a tractor almost impossible. If you want to fish in a swamp creek, you must wear a brimmed hat to deep the majority of them off. It's strange but they will flly in circles like a tornado above the hat and not have enough sense to look below the brim. :D  Well, most of them anyway.  Deet helps but is no solution. Most of us wear long sleeved shirts, spraying ourselves with Deet. Cutting mouth parts allow them to attack right through your clothes and anyplace clothes are tight fitting you are vulnerable.

In about 3 weeks, they will be gone. The infestation will begin dwindling after 2 and, before you know it there won't be any.  This happens twice a year and is happening now!

SwampDonkey

We get deer flies and black moose flies here also. Its just as you describe Tom. Yup, they even bite through the shirt. They are severe here from June to the end of August, but not so bad at home. Worst in the deep woods or along the Tobique River.

Thank You Sponsors!