iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Southern Blizzard

Started by Magicman, January 06, 2017, 07:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Quote from: snowstorm on January 07, 2017, 06:54:31 PM
you guys are funny blizzard 2 inch of snow.
2 inches of snow !!  If we got more than that we would cut this state loose, float it down, and sell it to Cuba.  It's 27° and dropping now.  :o  I need some "global warming".   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

chet

Quote from: Magicman on January 07, 2017, 08:24:49 AM
The forecast shows 50°'s at night and close to 70° throughout the coming week.  Now that is better for sure.   :)

Dat's our forecast too.  8)  We just gotta wait 5 months for June ta git here ta see it.  :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

snowstorm

Magicman

I guess that we need studded shoes.  A former governor walking his dog fell and has a concussion.  A friend going to the mailbox fell and broke his collarbone and a rib.  Both are in the hospital.  I didn't slip or fall, but this sleet/ice is slippery.   :o

We will not have church services tomorrow, and probably no school Monday.  Us folks here in the South know what to do with weather.....nothing.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

reswire

11 degrees tonight, so of course I had four does (Goats) drop kids over the last two days.  Now I'm scrambling to keep the little buggers warm until later this week, when it should be back up to 50 during the day!  Next year the buck is gonna be on lock down during the July-Oct. months for sure!  He knows when the girls are ready, and will find a way to break/jump/push a fence down, when the time is right!  Right now, I'm just wondering how an old buck's meat would taste on a snowy day....  ;D ;D
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

rjwoelk

I wiped out on ice a week ago been suffering with a stiff neck and sore shoulders. Need a massage therapy.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

sawguy21

-10C which works out to around 12F and no wind which is pretty typical for this area. A bit of snow is predicted but nothing to get excited about. We watched some news footage of the Carolinas and Georgia tonight, that is really something. Welcome to our world.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

scgargoyle

We got 5" in upstate SC- a lot, for us. It's about 12 this AM, again, cold, for us. They don't plow any of the side roads, and folks here don't know how to drive in the snow, so it gets real interesting. I used to live up north, measure snow in feet, and negative numbers on the thermometer. Some of us eventually wise up and move to places where that's not so common! :D
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Peter Drouin

Quote from: WDH on January 07, 2017, 07:52:55 PM
32° here at 7:53.  Everything is almost froze solid.  Awful  :)

Do you have your own glacier now? :D :D :D :D :D :D 8) :snowball:
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WDH

Yes.  A mind and body numbing 24° F.  Almost too cold to get on the Forestry Forum. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

goose63

Quote from: WDH on January 08, 2017, 07:51:50 AM
Yes.  A mind and body numbing 24° F.  Almost too cold to get on the Forestry Forum.

Oh come on now it's 15 below here and I got on here just fine but there will be no peeing out side today :D
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Magicman

We are at 19° this morning and should warm up to 40° today.  I have a nice fire  fire_smiley going in the fireplace insert and I wheelbarrowed another load of wood up yesterday.   :)

Savannahdan

Currently 29 here in Savannah.  We got down to around 26 this morning.  I put on a big, down jacket to get the newspaper at the end of my driveway.  I remember my years in Maine driving a Ford car with a 428 motor and just plowing through the snow.  Never slid off the road or got stuck.  I did have to stop and pour dry gas into the carb, one time, due to the amount of snow/ice that it had in it from the hard blowing wind.  Also remember driving up to Northern Maine in a blizzard and a deer jumping over the guardrail right in front of the car and it coming from a hillside.  Nope I didn't get the benefit of deer meat since he made a clean, fast dash and kept going.  Have a great day!
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

WDH

Warmed up to 32° at 10:45 a.m.  Freezing cold (Goose, some of us Southerners are Cold Weaklings.)  Both stoves running full out.  Nice inside.  Froze, outside.  I did see one squirrel, but then again, squirrels are crazy. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The high was 32 yesterday. The sun was out and no wind so I actually sawed yesterday. I guess the sun heated the tin roof a little and it was actually nice. But don't let me fool you, my cheeks were Rosie Red.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

curdog

Still in the low 20s this morning and not going to reach freezing today.. but should be back to the upper 60s by the end of the week. This is one of the few snows that has been all snow. Usually we'll get hammered with sleet, freezing rain and then finish up with snow. I like snow... ice, not so much

Engineer

You guys in the South are funny.  That's all I got to say.   :D

Magicman

Funny say you?? 

Here is the hard evidence that the grass and leaves were almost covered with this dreadful stuff!   :o

And whataboutthis??  I built a snowman on the deck!!  Now that is serious stuff right there!!   :-\

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

snowstorm

well i guess ya all from the south would make fun of us when we complain about it being 75 to 80 degrees here in the summer

curdog

Quote from: snowstorm on January 08, 2017, 07:02:46 PM
well i guess ya all from the south would make fun of us when we complain about it being 75 to 80 degrees here in the summer
Not at all, we have those same temperatures in the summer... they happen about 8:00 every morning  ;D :-\

Magicman

No complaint from me.  We enjoy 70's days & 50's nights in Michigan in August.  ;D  Anything is better than our 95°+.   :o

Mooseherder

Quote from: snowstorm on January 08, 2017, 07:02:46 PM

When I go to Maine and my brothers there tell me it's humid today I laugh out loud. :D

Take out any Mail boxes this year while plowing? ;D

Andries

When we get a blizzard from the South, it's called a 'Colorado Low'.
Looks like this:

MagicMan, hope you had taken frostbite precautions when creating that snowman artwork:

:D  ;D  :D
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Thank You Sponsors!