iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cooks debarker anyone using one

Started by Banjo picker, October 03, 2008, 06:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjo picker

Hey folks I have checked the old threads on the debarkers...seems like the Woodmizer folks like theirs...the Hudsons don't.....cant find anything on Cooks....if I have overlooked it let me know where to look....I still have time to have one installed on the mill before delivery....Does anyone have a verdict on the cooks debarker, either theirs or one they have seen....cost about 2 grand.....Thanks in advance for any help....Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Norm

I've never seen a cook's sawmill Tim but I consider a debarker one of the must have items for a bandmill.

Banjo picker

Thanks for the reply Norm....Several were looking ,no one replying....I have a Cooks on order,  and am thinking about adding the debarker before they get too far along....Cooks puts a different pump on a mill without the debarker....and if I wanted one later,,,I not only would have to get the debarker, but also change out the pump  ( buy it) then have to do the work installing it.....Hoping for a report shortly....as I will be talking with them today...Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

WH_Conley

I am guessing that my debarker get me 2-3 times the blade life on a sharpening. If you are going to saw much it will soon pay for its self. Mine went out one time and I tried to finish a small job without it.
Bill

Banjo picker

WH what kind of mill are you running....you may have already told me ...Tim

WH_Conley

WM, that's the reason I never responded sooner. I take it the Cook's is a hydraulic debarker? I looked at their website and never saw anything about it.
Bill

Banjo picker

Gipper

Tim, if you still have time, go with the debarker!  I, for some stupid reason, left it off mine and have regreted it since.  In the 6 & 1/2 years I've owned mine I often think of the number of additional blades I've had to buy because I did not get it.  I opted for the set works instead - big mistake!  I run the Cook's AC 36 fully hydraulic....Gipper 

Banjo picker

Thanks Gipper ,  I did just that yesterday....Tim

MaddiesDad

It's always best to have a debarker.

Thank You Sponsors!