iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

timber wolf blades and cooks ac 36

Started by redcedar, November 29, 2012, 09:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcedar

Has anybody out there run a timber wolf blade on a cooks ac 36 and what were the results? I have only tried two different brand blades the super sharps from cooks and the munkfor blades , munkfors by far and above the best blade cutting log after log, perfect lumber only thing munkfors , much higher tension 32000psi to 35000psi not so sure thats a good thing on the bearings in the bandwheels. thought about trying timber wolfs much lower tension  26000 to 27000psi appreciate any replies redcedar
millitary five ton with bc loader 8000 hood   79 treefarmer cable skidder , two 575's husky

bandmiller2

Red C,you will never know till you try the timberwolf bands on your bandmill.I am very satisfied with them on my homebuilt and get long service.In all fairness I've tried most popular brands and have had good luck with all. Matters how clean the logs are more than the band brand. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

drobertson

I have never ran timber wolf blades but have heard from those that have, they say about the same thing as mentioned, you just have to try them on your mill to see the results for yourself.  I like the super sharps myself, but the wmz blades are good too.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

sawlogs

i agree on the mukfor blades, they are by far the best blade out there rite now. i have used about every blade on the market. mukfor gets my vote. 8)

Dan Sawyer

RedCedar - I think you are confusing a few things.  Each blade should require the same amount of tension to run.  The more tension you can get on a blade, the better it will be for cutting performance as you will see straighter cuts. Point to remember: tension is measured on the blade and that the force required to generate that tension comes from the tensioning mechanism on the saw mill.

For example, a .045 blade will require more force than an .042 to get the same amount of tension.  You can measure tension with a tension meter. 

Magicman

Actually the paperwork that came with my trial Timber Wolf blade recommended much lower tension.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

redcedar, I kinda need to re-respond, only after reading MM's post, and his response is what I have heard as well. With any cutting tool the type of material has to be considered, and with each cutting tool there are differences. And the difference lies with the intended purpose of such tools.  I still believe there are better bands and lesser bands on the market, one should be open to try and to find what fit the needs the best. This takes time, and experience. I have had "wore out" blades that should have cut and did not, only to use them on another set of logs and run fine. This being said, I might suggest contact some distributors, share with them your plan, and operation and from this gather some samples and really see for yourself  which blade works best for your application,,, david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!