iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sawing tapered siding

Started by Qweaver, June 13, 2019, 02:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

A customer asked me to saw him tapered siding.  I remember seeing a jig to do this.  Does anyone have a plan for how to build one?  I would not know where to start. But I have materials and I know how to weld.  Now all I need is a plan.

Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

alan gage

There's a lot in the archives on this. Search for beveled siding. If I remember right most people were just using shims under one side of the cant for the first cut and then remove shims for the following cut. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

btulloh

X2 on the shims. No special fixtures needed unless you saw it frequently.
HM126

Dana Stanley

I'm planning of making a knock off of Woodmizers, but not for a while. Maybe someone who has one can take some pics with a tape measure for reference!! It looks pretty simple, but still more than a 2 day job! So I have a plan, but it's still in my head.

Making Sawdust, boards and signs.
Woodland Mills HM-126
Kabota B-7800 with backhoe and loader
Ford Ranger, Husqvarna 455 20", Mac 610 24", other chainsaws 14", 23 ton log splitter
Matthew 3:10

scsmith42

Quinton, there is a simple bracket that you can add to your Peterson for milling beveled siding.  If you want I can send you some pix.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

PAmizerman

Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

Southside

If it became something you make a lot of the re-saw belt WM sells works quite well with about an hours worth of tweaks.  I sell a mountain of the stuff and my 35 has one of those units on it all the time.  It is amazing how much faster you can re-saw than breakdown with one.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Qweaver

Quote from: scsmith42 on June 13, 2019, 10:22:02 PM
Quinton, there is a simple bracket that you can add to your Peterson for milling beveled siding.  If you want I can send you some pix.

Scott
Thanks Scott.  My email is qweaver@peoplepc.com.  I have the peterson sawing pretty well now.  Not perfect...still needs some tuning...but better.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Thank You Sponsors!