iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Eagle Cam

Started by florida, January 15, 2013, 12:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

florida

This eagle nest is in a tree about a mile from my house. The nest is plainly visible from the road but the eagles aren't bothered by the traffic. These two birds have been mated since at least 1990. maybe longer. Over the years they have produced 30 fledglings.  The two babies hatched on the 1st and the 3rd so are about two weeks old now. Very addicting.

http://dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

Raider Bill

There's another one out west every year. I like them!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

florida

Raider Bill,

Yes, the Decorah Eagle Cam in Decorah, Iowa. I've watched that one for several years now but they don't nest until next month. Plus these are my neighbors!

Decorah Eagles -http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

tomkat001

The Decorah cam is a mile from my house.It's been fun watching how far away people are from who have watched the eagles.
The latest news has been that we have lost two of the young birds to power lines, so there is a study going on about how to protect them from touching live wires.
Also the parents are building a new nest and they are afraid they may not lay eggs in the tree with the cam.
Boardwalk Jr. , JD 5075E with 553 loader, Stihl 290 Farm Boss,

1woodguy

like seeing eagles  this part of Oklahoma we seldom used to see eagles around Now you see them around tenkiller lake all the time
Down in the national wildlife refuge they nest  and have tours
  Don't think the have a cam they use scope or did
  Noticed more pelicans and loons also  :)
Experience is a rough teacher first you get the test later comes the lesson!

Ron Wenrich

I have one that started to hang around this year.  Every so often I can see him sitting on top of the electric tower down in the field.  This is the first year for eagles. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

red

last year we watched an eagle cam in Richmond VA
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Thank You Sponsors!