iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Amerika-Sågen works!

Started by Swede, April 25, 2004, 03:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swede

Yesterday I made the final adjustments after uppdating my saw mill with hydraulic logloader and remote controls. Had to change more than i was up to now but all preparings for fully hydraulic is made.
All hydraulic was placed on the saw unit, pump, controls, cylinders for up/down and a hydraulic motor pulling one of four wheels on the Enercraft frame.

Now three tubes are haging on a wire, hydr. pressure, return and one for the up/down cylinders.
The old 2-lever valve and the speed control for feeding is moved to the frame front end and a new 6-lever valve beside for loglifter and other functions in a future. The 6-lever valve is set at 150 bar for heavy work as loglifter and rotation. the 2-lever valve is set at 80 Bar and is enought for lifting the saw and feeding motor.
The feeding motor is moved to the frame front end. It pulls a long 5/8 chain. One end is fastened in front end of saw unit, (front end of saw unit faces to rear end of frame) goes around a sprocket with rubber torsion in the frames rear end, inside the frame, around a sprocket on the motor and to the rear end of saw unit. I like that the old feeding forwars just pulled with 7-10 Kp. so I reduced the pressure on that side of the motor to 4-5 Bar.

One problem was that the motor started and stopped with a jerk so the saw unit jumped of the rail, I´m happy just one wheel get derailed. Now there is a adjutable flow-valve between the sides of the hydraulic motor, the pressure to feeding forwards is increased to 15-20 Bar and now the feeding motor stops and starts without any jerks!

The log loaders woks fast enought and easy lifted a log at 800Kg. so I don´t need a biger pump. It takes less than 6 seconds to lift the logs and the same time to let the lifters down. There is no jerks in the frame, the cylinders is fastened to plates on the ground. I bolted the lifters to the frame in two bearing with Ø30 mm. shaft.The plates on ground are fastened to the shaft with four brass buschings.

This evening I went to a job just for try how it works. Made my first wavy boards! Had a used Monkey blade on and the engine wanted to slow down. There wasn´t two teeths gone away, it was nine! Took a new Suffolk Chiesel Steel ( Håkanssons) and no waves in double feeding speed and the engine didn´t want to stop.

I move a short scale along the main scale. An electric circuit breaker touch a knob on the movable scale and stop the saw on way down. Much easier annd faster than try to get the right measure with a hydraulic lever!

One log later I couldn´t see the measure settings and had to go home. Tired, lucky and hungry!

I want no rain tomorrow........... :) /Swede.

Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Fla._Deadheader

Sounds like ya done good, Swede. NOW, get to work on posting PICTURES ;) ;D ;D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

chet

Pictures..........Lots of pictures.   :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Norm

Sounds like you've got the mill working well Swede...but! we really need pictures for proof. ;)

Swede

Yes i know! I KNOW you want pictures! Have been looking for battery for my old Canon camera. Have you ever heard about what %%#""/[~% >:((  >:(it is to get right battery? Heard any storys about it? heh?? Was at some shops today and in one of them they told me:
 We don´t have that battery but of you take this two and use together........and they´ll last much longer. It´s litium batteries, thats why they cost that much.
They didn´t fit the camera! >:( To short! >:( And they cost me $17.33!  >:( And I can still not take photos at the mill, the logs and the saw dust! >:( >:( >:( And my customer can´t take any pictures at me to show at that american saw dust site! >:( >:( >:(

So no Swede-pictures yet but Amerika-Sågen worked well today too! Had to stop at 21:30 because of darkness, no more gas, hungry, tired, my sawing muscles hurts. But it´s morning again in some hours! Bought gas at my way home!

:) Swede. :)
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)

Fla._Deadheader

Now, LOOKY HERE, Have ya ever thought about shopping on the I N T E R N E T ???  I will betcha SOMEONE has them DanG batteries ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D

The I N T E R N E T is also open 24 hours, every day, so, NO excuses  ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Swede

Fla._Deadheader;

I just made some drawings  first,  . :D :D  ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D ;D ;D :D

NEVER use that DanG vegetable oil! There is some in the tank for blade lubrication the former owner of my mill used + some diesel I´ve let in there. I blow, I suck, it comes a dasch and then it stops!

Swede.

Fla._Deadheader

Stuffs not so "slick" huh  ::) ::) ::) ::) :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Swede

Fla. D; Nice to see You are awake!  ;D

I´ve never bought anything on internet. I look for stuff I need but don´t buy. There is a photo shop but just open some evenigs a week. I´ll try there.
And I have no web-camera so you have to wait untill the pictures comes in my mailbox. I´ll buy a hydraylic motor, chain and sprockets for  a log turner before i buy a web camera!

Swede.

Fla._Deadheader

First, it is ridiculed;

Swede

Some weeks ago a man I don´t know called me for some sawig. Told him I was up to add some stuff on Amerika-Sågen and  I´ll call back in a couple of weeks. He sounded angry and I asked a friend ( it´s on his farm I´m sawing now) if he know that man. My friend  laughed "For You to find out"  

Today the angry man called again and asked when in %%"!/[@*!!  I´m coming. Told him I took another job first, didn´t want to come to him and get plenty paid with a saw mill I don´t know if it works. He said: We are %%"!/[@*!! 3 farmers in this village with logs we want splitted! When %%"!/[@*!!  can You do it?  I told him to come and take a look at the job I´m doing now and 2 men came in the after noon. No respect for the blade so I had to tell them 3 times and look angry at them. For %%"!/[@*!!! 4 meters away! >:(
When I slowed down the engine for turning a log one of the men came to me, asked some questions and  we had a nice talk.  They looked for an hour, said I need to call  two days before I come and then they left.

I stopped the engine and asked my  friend what they said to him. "It don´t go fast but he´s doing a good job".
Also had  to ask:  "who of them was the angry one".
" The one You where talking to"  
Hard to belive it´s the same man who called this morning, not angry at all! ??? And not one single %%"!/[@*!!

Tonight my arms is hanging on the floor! :)

Swede.

Fla._Deadheader

You're a better man than me, Swede. Anybody uses that language to me and I will tell them where to stuff them logs. :o >:(

We left at 7 AM, today and drove 3 hours to the camp. Jumped on the backhoe and hauled 4 logs outta the muck. Ed nearly got stuck. We carried the logs to the mill, sawed 523' of 1X Pecky Cypress, and just got in at 7:10 PM.

My BUTT hurts. ::) ::) ;D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Swede

Fla._D ;  :D :D :D

I´ve not given any warranty not tell him ............ before them logs is sawed!  ;D ;D ;D
I lived 2-3 years with a woman who was chronic raging, found out that to late. So I know some people just are and I don´t want to reform them.

There is just one thing that´s more dangerous than a chronic raging woman or customer. A temporary raging Swede!  ;D ;D ;D

Swede.

Fla._Deadheader

First, it is ridiculed;

Swede

This evening I made a new discovery!  8)

I set the thickness for a board, let the blade down and started the feeding at Amerika-Sågen. Then I took the board I just sawed from the mill and went over to the pile and let it there. I turned around and was on my way back to the mill again when I heard a noise I´ve never heard before. It was like a high-pitched scream and the engine was working hard. Ran to the front end and stopped the feeding, yes the niose was not so loud but still there.
Scratcing my ear (wich means pulling saw dust and resin into it) I went over to the middle  of the frame, located the strange sound and there i saw where it came from! :o

Are the log poles different high on every saw mill with manual/individual adjustment and in that case..........WHY?
 ???  :P ::) :D :D :D

Swede.

Fla._Deadheader

You didn't saw yer log stops, did you  ??? ::) ::) ::)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Swede

Fla._D; YES! I did! :-/
But thats not the whole story. *would I tell em this*  :-/ ::) ???

Less than 2 hours earlier I was thinking about these honest men on FF, talking about sawing logdogs and log stops. Asked my self:    
 How do they do that mistakes?
 Why haven´t I if it so easy to make. It´s just to look where these things are.
 Can I realy trust them saying you´re not a real sawyer before you have made that experience?
 :D :D :D :D :D :D

Today I know i can trust you and I found out more yesterday sawing 10x11/8" siding boards. If I buy a 35Hp aircooled Vanguard diesel for Amerika-Sågen I can use that little 18Hp gas engine for my boat. I hope you have forgot every talkig about big engines...............

:D Swede.

EZ

After 2 or 3 years of sawing, I thought the same thing, Swede. Then one day when everybody and their brother was watching me saw, it happen. ;D
EZ

Tom

Things like that only happen when a lot of people are present or when there is another sawyer and your trying not to look amateurish. :D   It'll happen every time. ;D

The "bigger engine" realization is what we call, here in the USA, "The Tool Man Syndrome".    ARGH-H-H-H   :D

http://www.grudge-match.com/History/vila-taylor.shtml

Fla._Deadheader

Hope yer drive system can withstand all that POWER ::) :D :D

Yer gonna KILL yer offbearer ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Swede

EZ 2 0r 3 YEARS? I´ve been sawing a week!

Tom; I was all alone. And what will then happen if another sawyer is looking? ??? !!!
And we HAD  a talk here about big engines, I´m the one who then could not understand why a big engine is needed.

Fla._D; Yes I´m thinking about that but sawing a 10" wide kerf takes some power. Also the speed  for feeding isn´t quite stable and I don´t know yet how hard I can pusch the blade. The book says 7KP
The blades has not broken because of pushing I think. It´s possible to cut a log stop in Ø25mm solid steel without blade is breaking.  ::) The blade that broke today just get off when it was running free while I was loading. ??? One has broken because there was no "Swede Lube" (oil/diesel mix 50/50) washing the bladeguides. There was some dust build up between the plates.

I´m not shure I want any offbearer to look after all the time not jumping into the blade. For the moment there is just time for me to stack the boards while the saw is running. I know that chronic raging  man want to "help". Thinking about write on the blade cover, facing to cuting direction where no one need to be:

"Operator, 4 M from this sign. audience 20 M away!"

If he want to help I´ll give him the instruction book ant tell him: "I´m shure You´re not very intimate with Your whifes washing machine and this thing is some more dangerous. Any offbearer know this safety book by heart. The others is audience."  ;D ;D ;D

Who did say that I´m a better man..................? :D

This afternoon there came a Ford tractor on the little road out from the forest. My friend said: "That man I´ll not wave to" and turned around looking the other way . I understand they are not very good friends. But the tractor stopped and the man  jumped off. He said he had seen the other evening the blade is very thin. I have been there to 21:30 every night, the saw mill is in the yard and this farm is placed so no one need to be there after dark................ ::) I didn´t ask about it.
He told me that he have one big log and need some wide boards. I gave him a paper about Amerika-Sågen.  :) He told me that a " is 2.6cm and a ' is 31cm. He said the logs is 6,5 M. I told him I can saw 5,8M. Then he asked if I can saw 5,5M. :D :D :D

Sawing is fun!

Swede.

Swede

Yesterday the engine (Vanguard 18hp) didn´t "answer" but  slow down when the regulator opened the carburetor. It don´t get enough gas, works when the shoke is a little closed but then it doesn´t give 18 hp. Get "the book" for the engine on internet and found that here is no nozzle to adjust for that. Called a good work shop for these engines today and they told me that we had some calcium in the gas for one period that built up in the nossle. They don´t have time for my engine in 2 weeks!.
I let some STP cleaning to the gas today but It doesn´t help at all. Think there is less than 14 hp now. :-/ It´ll take me some time i don´t have to take the carburetor off and learn that stuff .

Do anyone have experience of anything  to let in the gasoline to clear the nozzles? A dash of diesel fuel?

Swede.

Haytrader

Swede,

I know what I would do if I thought the carb was needing a good flushing. I would remove the air cleaner and with the engine running, spray some carburator cleaner in it. Spray till it nearly kills the engine, let it straighten out and repeat 3 or 4 times. Now that is what I would do. Not sayin you should.

;)
Haytrader

Fla._Deadheader

We use a product made by Berryman. It is a carb cleaner, like Haytrader says. It will clean a LOT of stuff out of a carb. Don'T know if it is available to you.

Calcium? in the gas??? That's one I never heard before ::) ::)

We don't usually stop our blade, except when we are loading a log or moving some heavy boards off the mill. We had 1 Munks blade break, while running "Free". Never while sawing, have we broken a Munks blade. Only broke the 1, so far.
   First, it is ridiculed;

Swede

Fla._d; I´ve not seen that Barryman stuff here, only STP.  I´ve used a bottle for 60 litres gasolie in 20 litres now. Some times the engine works good, sometimes not. Checked the gas filter today, found some saw dust and more in it but not stop, very easy to blow through. Moved it so I can change it without taking the gas tank off.
By this engine problem I´ve also learned to feed enough now!  :D Pulling  hard so  the regulator don´t let the supply down and the engine work better. Found I can saw more that way but a log (spruce) with a lot of big knots gets a little wavy kerf ::)

I´ve used Håkanssons (Suffolk Chiesel Steel) blade at this job but next week I´m up to use Monkey. Does Monkey cut my logstops off?  :D :D :D I have get the 2:nd notch in that log stop now. Shure it JUMPED up! ;D Is that normal?

Working without any help I usaly just turn the supply down. With other people runing around the mill I use to stop the engine. The blade runs slowly even if I let the gas down and release the belt tension.

Asked the customer if he know how much boards he has got. 5-6M3 he said. Thats what he has in 1 1/8x10" I told him, + all the other dimensions. He had a cirkular saw mill some years ago and think Amerika-Sågen works slowly. But he don´t know how much of his logs it saves. To morrow I hope we can sample all I´ve thrown aside and make another 3-4 M3 of it. I´m very intrested of counting how much boards he´ve got and he´ll bring the list of the logs. People around there is diging for bad things to talk about, they´ve never seen a band saw mill before.  I want to give my costomer the facts to show them. ;D
This evening it came some rain but I didn´t want to lose more time, so I´m wet and feel frozen.

Swede.

Swede

haytrader;Thank You,  I´ve not done that yet. I think I´ll get more than carburator cleener in the carburator running the engine without a filter. ::) Perhaps when i got the mill at home and can make it clean around the inlet with compressed air.

Swede.

Tom

Swede,
The best thing I ever did for my Wood Mizer LT40 was to put a glass sediment bowl in the gas line between the tank and the gas filter.   It stopped the water that condenses in the tank and also most of the solids.  It made my filter last a lot longer.  My engine quit giving me day to day problems and I began to be able to depend on it better.  The glass sediment bowl is easily installed and easily cleaned.  I put it where I could look at it all day as I sawed.

I have sawed for folks who used to use a circular mill, or had them visit.  They would ask "how many logs did you cut today?"  That's how they measured their production, I guess.

I would tell them, "I want the logs to last a long time, but, I want a lot of board feet". ;D :)

Fla._Deadheader

Our Honda engine came with a fuel filter attached. I added a short piece of fuel line and a second filter. It can be thrown away and replaced very easily and I still have the protection of a filter that IS clean. I am totally amazed at how much water will accumulate in the fuel tank.
  Swede, you have "dry-gas" over there??? It's an additive that contains alcohol that mixes with the water and will run it through the carb and burn it in the cylinders. The Berryman's does this, + cleans the crappy stuff out, also.
   First, it is ridiculed;

Swede

Tom; That crazy question is the one I always get too! I answer: I don´t consume logs, I produce boards!  8)

I don´t know what glass sediment bowl is. I have a plastic bubble with a "paper" filter in. Now hanging so I can see it, just before the gasoline pump.

Fla_D. Ehhmmmmm........."Dry-gas"  ???  Wish I could try that Berrymans stuff. We have an  additive here (K-sprit) to let into the tank taking the water away. Some cars don´t work with out one of them bottles sometimes.  I´ll try that tomorrow!  :)

Swede.

Fla._Deadheader

That's the stuff, Swede. Dry-gas is a trade name. Don'T know what it is actually called, but, you figgered it out 8) :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Tom

Here is a sediment bowl.

As simple a device as this is, I never understood why manufacturers
quit putting them on engines.

Minnesota_boy

Tom,
I can tell you have never lived up north.  One time of forgetting to drain the water out of that sediment bowl, having it freeze and break and draining all the gas out of the tank and you would know why they quit putting them on engines.  They sure work good in the summer though. :)
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Swede

THAT bowl I´ve seen, Tom! :) May I say.....You draw  very good and fast!  :D
I´ll try to find one to hang on my saw mill and I´ll never forget to drain it.
In some hours I know if the problem is that simple, just water in the tank. And I didn´t find it out at once............. Thank You for all advices to a "dum svensk"!

Swede.

Swede

Today I drained the carburator 3 times, there is a little screw marked DRAIN, and the engine worked very good. after an hour or so I had to close the choke some, after two hours I had to drain again. Water?  ???. So now I´m looking for a small sediment bowl..
Took the tank off  this evening and let all gasoline (and water) out. Tomorrow morning it´s dry. Cryed som over the lost gasoline, it costs close to SEK10,50 ($1,4) now. Think that job is finished tomorrow and i HAVE taken photos!  :D

Swede.

Tom

Swede,
Don't throw good gasoline away :D

The farmers at home would sometimes put water in their gas or diesel tanks to keep thieves from syphoning the gas and using it in their cars.  The next day they would syphon the water off of the bottom of the tank and mow the field.

While I wouldn't go to that extreme, I have poured the gas into an open 5 gallon container so I could see the water and syphon it off with a small hose.  Then I could pour the gasoline back into the tank and burn it.  I don't think too much gets dispersed/homogonized in the gas to bother it.

Here is what I found out about the gas tank on my mill.  It is a plastic "outboard motor" tank.

During the heat of the day, pressure builds up in the tank.  At night the tank cools and the dew settles on the outside of the tank. (rain does it too)  The "vacuum" created inside of the tank when it cooled actually sucked the water in from under the gaskets.  I'm sure that the humid air in a partially filled tank is responsible for some water too. I know it was happening on the mill because I would check the container that I transported the gas in and it would be clean. That's why I installed my first sediment bowl.  I figure a lot of mill owners suffer from this and just haven't recognized it yet.

Since I installed the sediment bowl, people would see the little bit of water in it and chastise me for not cleaning the bowl. They didn't realize that was the reason for having the bowl to begin with.  As long as the water level in the bowl doesn't get high enough to be taken into the line that goes to the engine then it is doing its job.  No need to clean it just because there is a drop or two there.  I guess freezing would be a consideration but I never had to worry about that and wouldn't have thought of it as a problem.  I see how some folks in colder climates may have a different view.  I still think it is better to trap the contaminants where they can be seen than "hope" that the gas is clean and have to clean a carburator. :)

There may be a market for the things one of these days.  They are getting to be harder and harder to find.

I've been told that I don't need it because I have a filter.  I use it to protect the filter. :D

Just because it's yesterdays technology doesn't make it bad. :D :D

Fla._Deadheader

Swede, Swede, Swede, next time you dump the tank, dump it into a white container, like a bucket. The water will seperate and go to the bottom. You can pour off the gas that's on top and watch that you dont pour the water WITH the gas. A little "dry-gas" and you can use the recycled gas. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Pics, huh. Can't wait to see Sweden. ;) ;)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Swede

Fla._D. :D There was just 2 cm gas left in the tank!  Do You really think a genuine "Smålänning" pours out a lot of gasolin?
One day, when my photos come I´ll get them into the ´pjuter and try to learn how to show them. But you know, that language........... ;D ;D

Tom; One of my nabors had a "friend" who sold him a tank with 2M3 fireing oil in. He don´t fire with oil so he sold it to an other nabor. he just needed the tank. One day they came to me and asked what to do. They had let the oil into the tank inside the house but could not get any fire.
I helped them and found that 85% was water!  :D :D :D

I think the water comes into the tank by air. When the gas goes to the egine there goes air in and in all air there is some water. Warm air can wear more water than cold air. Gasoline pours out and in some times and also in different temeratures. To a tanker truck, to a cold tank down the ground at the gas station, up to my 5 gallon tank, to the tank on the saw mill. Offcorse there is some water! And as You say, at night all the tanks take in air on the day pulling out.

I use to dry my car untill the tank is empty and allways fill it up then. Have heard it´s the best way to do and have never had any problems with wather in the tank in any car.

Perhaps  Your bowl protects the filter too but the filter takes saw dust and the bowl takes water. I´ve had some problem telling costomers about that as I also work with compressors and compressed air. In that case a filter don´t take much water, you have to COOL the air down.

I´ve seen many big bowls on big diesel engines. I just foud out where I´ve seen a small bowl. On my nabors boiler! :D :D  I think his old dog can´t hear very good............ ;D

Swede.

Swede

My start motor is OK!  :) :) :) I´ve always pulled my engie to start, thinking the motor had get to much water. Yesterday I looked at the electric stuff because the lamp for oil pressure didn´t glow. Found some rust behind the starting key, worked for a while and the start motor works and the lamp too!  :)

Was sawing at the cronic raging man´s farm today. He want´s me to consume his small, old and crooked logs and do it fast so there is some fireing wood too.  Was there for 7 hours and we have had dinner and cofee break for 2,5 hours or more. 3 times when the rain began his whife told us to go in for food. Perfect timing! Stoped sawing at 18:00 because of more rain.

I stoped Amerika-Sågen once and screamed at him 2 times when he was hanging around where I don´t want him to. Twice I only wait sawing and he don´t want any kind of waiting.  ;) Perhaps I´ve been more raging than him today,  ;D he has been friendly all the time.

No problems with the engine after i drained the tank and let it dry. I also use that "dry-gas" stuff but no sediment bowl yet. I don´t trust old dogs........... :D

Swede.

slowzuki

Swede, I think your sense of humor combined with the language barrier is great :D :D :D  

You use better words to describe situations than an english speaking person ever could!

How's the mill running?
Ken

Swede

Ken; Language barrier ???  ??? What language barrier? I´ve no problem with the language!  ;D  Whatcha talkin´bout?  I think it works great exept when some of you´re talking slang.  :D :D :D

Yesterday I had to drain the carburator once and let in more dry-gas. Today I´ve not been sawing, they said at TV this morning it will rain all the day. So I took a look at my  terrible finance state.  ::) *ujujuj* I rather saw some small crooked old logs in any weather.

Swede.

Swede

Logs 10-15" in small end x 19' and boards for siding, 1 1/8x10"

Loading log

Amerika-Sågen, 1:st picture.

:) Swede.

Swede

:o wrong again *håhå, jaja-ja*

::) Swede.

Fla._Deadheader

Yer gettin it Swede, yer gettin it. A little bigger next time. ;) ;D :D :D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Swede

I  have to try once more.

34 of 40 logs are 10-15" in small end x 19' . Boards for siding, 1 1/8x10".

Swede.

Fla._Deadheader

Now yer gettin it. Just a little bigger, maybe. Like the pic also. ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Norm

Hey Swede, good job on the pictures. Sure enjoy seeing your part of the world. :)

Swede

Norm; Thank You but not so good job but much job! :) All programe instructions are in English and you all know about my English.............. ::)

Fla._D  ;D
Big enough?

Swede.

T_in_SC

Nice pics Swede.  Are those spruce logs?

Swede

Yes, these big logs are all spruce. 1:st log in the tree, to wide for the "big"  :D saw mills. Most big sawmills here can´t handle logs more than ~20" so them wide goes for less money to specialiced saw mills or they turn them down with a mobile turner :o.
This customer want the best wood for himselfe to use on his own properties. As you see there is some full grown forest left here but not much.

Hardwood is hard to find here. Most they sprayed with toxic stuff here or cut down for fireing wood 25-50 years ago. Most people still think hardwood=weed. I love to tell them how much they get payed in Finland for birch and how fast aspen grows!  :D Also that we´ll get another climate here in 30-100 years. Most people just goes on planting their DanG spruce as their dad did and their grand dad..................... ::) Some turns over to pine because they PERHAPS don´t need to plant.
I also have fun telling them there is aspen plants to buy in US. :D :D :D
-ASPEN PLANTS?!??
- Yes, aspen you usaly don´t have to plant if you make a clearing and not birch.
Aspen: SEK 250-300/M3 and you make clearing after 30-35 years.
Pine and spruce: SEK. 300-600/M3 if you make clearing after 80 years but most clearing they do in 60 years old stands now. It´s half growed trees wich gives turned wood.

I´ve been told sawed and dryed Finnish birch cost SEK. 3-7000/M3. Swedish spruce SEK. 1200-2000/M3

Swede.

EZ

Does black walnut grow there.
EZ

Swede

EZ; walnut???!! ? :o

No, these are what we have:
Birch, alder, aspen, ash, maple, mountain ash, beech, oak, sallow.............and some others planted in parks or gardens. Most deciduous trees are not well managed and not much to be happy about for anyone with a saw mill. WEED! But we buy some oak from US!  ::)

Swede.

EZ

Thanks Swede, I was just wondering.
EZ

Swede

Early-awake-EZ; But You are welcome to send me a sample of your wonderful logs! :D For saving freigt cost, just turn a chain around them and fasten to a boat at night. Tell me it´s name and I´ll promise to be in Göteborg in time and pic them logs up! ;D

I´m jealous sittin in this "forest developing country" and just have to look at your pictures.

Swede.  

Stump Jumper

great pictures nice logs to  8) thanks Swede  :)
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Fla._Deadheader

Swede, yer making us proud, posting those pics. YES, they are big enough.

Yer English is improving more all the time. Soon, you will have better language skills in English, than most Americans.  ;D ;D ;)

What's the latest word on them "sinkers". ::) ??? ???
   First, it is ridiculed;

Swede

Fla._D  

Sjunktimmer?

;D Swede.

Fla._Deadheader

Yep, Sjunktimmer.  See ???, my Swedish is getting better, also.

Them Lake logs ya been gettin all excited about. ::) ::) ::)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Stump Jumper

ill stick to reading the pictures  :D :D
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Swede

I´ve finished all hydraulics on Anerika-Sågen! :)
Loaders and remote controls i made in the spring. Some weeks ago i put on logpoles, 14" high. A cylinder pulls a 5/8 chain bolted to the low end of the poles. There is 2 bearings on the top so the logs don´t climb. A scale beside the chain tells me how higt the poles are up and also indicates how big the log is.

There is an arm in the middle to lift with a cylinder. On the arm there is a beam with spikes. The beam is controled with a cylinder and a spring. Think I need a stronger spring but have not found one yet. This is for rotating and clamping.

5' from each end of the cutting length I placed a round pipe i can lift with a cylinder too.

The bad looking "box" around the blade is new too and much safer. Looks like a band saw mill now. ;D

Now I need a better setting  (again).  ;D I also want to start/stop the engine and run it up from the end of the sawmill but have to make some money first.  ::)

Fla. dh. No diving this summer. Need to have some papers first and make everything in steps to keep the secret.  ;)

Yes, I´ll take pictures but it´s dark here now.

Swede.

leweee

Swede.... Looking forward to those pictures of  Amerika-Sagen.
               Keep up the good work. ;D You've been busy. :)
                leweee
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Swede

leweee; Pictures? I get some today!
It takes some time to get them into the computer, minimize to 15K and not looking like lingonberry and milk.

I need two levels and two hydr, cylinders for rotating and clamping. I don´t know how bik logs I can handle. Can clamp down to 5"x5" but one day I´ll use a Monkey blade on the top. ;D
The "V-shaped thing" is hanging to the left and are lifted by one cylinder. The arm with claws is jointed to it and  have got two much stronger springs now.

I´ll try to make a new picture. ::)

Swede.

Swede

No 4-WD!  8) Have to check the weight of Amerika-Sågen before the police does  ::) but think it´s about 2450 lbs. Fully hydraulic. ;D

My vew. An oak log cut in 4 peaces with a chain saw, then very close to 31,5" =maximum for Amerika-Sågen.

Think I need a lesson in making pictures..........

Swede.

T_in_SC

Looking Good, Swede!  What's the biggest log you have loaded?

Swede

Thank You T_in_SC!  Biggest log I think is spruce, 19´by 19" or so in small end. No problem at all. Just used 2/3 of the hydraulic power. :)

Two bearings 6204 on top of the poles makes the logs don´t climb while turning.

Swede.

Norm

Thank You Sponsors!