iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

NZ Thank You

Started by Hammy, December 02, 2004, 12:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammy

Well this is long overdue but after being away for a month demonstrating our saws in the US it has taken a while to catch up.

Both Chris & I throughly enjoyed our time & would like to thank everyone we meet & helped us along the way. Especially a BIG thanks to all the FF members who not only helped us but kept us entertained for much of the time, it was a blast!

Kevin thanks for the log tool & of course Tammy for the famous Logrite Brownie - could be a reason why we put so much weight on over there. DanG cheers for the logs & teaching us that gravity is your friend when unloading them. Not to forget Captain that loaned us old faithful to travel over 2,500 miles & joined us for the bigger shows. He taught us all we know about baseball & made 2 kiwis instant Redsox fans!!

Thanks again, hope we can do it all again real soon!

Typical NZ milling site with a typical NZ log. Yep, we sure do it tough down here!!

Thanks for Log Rite Kevin but..........do you make any bigger ones?!?

C. Hammond
Petersons

chet

I throughly enjoyed meeting you and Chris also. You guys are more proof that forestry forum members are just great people.  ;)  One of the highlights of the Paul Bunyan show for me was to see your mills in operation, you have a great product. Hope to see you folks again .  
            chet
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

VA-Sawyer

Hammond,
QuoteThanks for Log Rite Kevin but..........do you make any bigger ones
Remember to let gravity be your friend !   :D   :D

Nice pictures.
VA-Sawyer

DanG

YO Hammie! 8)  I wuz beginning to think you guys had mis-cooked yer grits and choked to death. :o :D :D :D  I really had a blast "working" with y'all, and think about the good times daily. I got one huge stack of oak drying in the shed! ;D  I was really impressed with your product, and hope you can come up again next year. I'll be at Moultrie, whether you are or not, awwwriiiite? ;D :D :D

ps: tell Brownie I said Hi!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Grawulf

I recently got my new issue of Fine Woodworking and on page three, there's an avertisement for ancient Kauri wood that this company retrieves from the peat bogs in NZ. Hammond, are you familiar with this company and have you had the chance to work with any Kauri logs?  
http://ancientwood.com/

Wife

Hi guys, the lady-behind-the-scenes sticken her nose in...yep that company dealing with Kauri would probably be Mahoe Sawmills - excellent big mill for big logs - quartersaw, similar to Mighty Mite. But bigger kerf takes a bit more sawdust, and twin blades can get bogged down in some Kauri due to "fluffing". We've done swamp Kauri thats been buried for hundreds of years - sawn, slabbed - clean, beautiful, dark grey colour, nice grain, worth a sh__ load. Chris did about 10 slabs in an hour for a guy with the Dedicated Slabber - worth about $2000 per slab. He was happy. And Chris got a slab for free. Somehow my Mum "acquired" it.

And still got them grits. First batch a bit sticky - tried to "pudding" it with sugar etc, but ended up being gobbled by Wilbur (pet piglet). He loves Americans now.

Hey, an extra big thanks to Capt'n for looking after the boys for me! The roadshow was a great success and we look forward to keeping up with demand in the New Year. Better go eat my grits....then we're off to the beach for a month over Christmas  8)- it's a hard life down here... ;D

Kerris, in the background....
Petersons Global Sales Ltd
15c Hyland Cres
Rotorua, New Zealand
www.petersonsawmills.com
kbrowne@petersonsawmills.com
Ph +64 7 3480863

TN_man

Glad to hear that you made it back safely. We enjoyed our breif time with you and watching the Peterson in action. Enjoy the holidays. 8)
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

Ga_Boy

Glad to hear yall made it home safe and sound.

I had plans to come to the show in Ga. this year but the daytime JOB sent me to North Carloina that week.

The secret to eating grits is mix them with your eggs.  I like my eggs scrambled, sometimes with a little cheese mixed in.  Get some apple-butter and put that on toast or hot biscuits; now that is good eat'n.

Now I went and made myself hungry, gotta go eat mo' grits.

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

woodbeard

Put you some Marmite in them grits, that's what I do! Y'all got me hooked on that stuff now! "The first one's free, mate" Hmm.. where have I heard THAT before? :D
Seriously, though it was great to meet you both.
Hope to do it again someday, maybe on your side of the planet! :)

Jeff

And still got them grits. First batch a bit sticky - tried to "pudding" it with sugar etc, but ended up being gobbled by Wilbur (pet piglet). He loves Americans now.
Kerris, thats the absolute correct way to treat grits. Almost. Next time feed them to a piggy you plan on eating later. Grits will make wonderful pork sandwiches given enough time. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WV_hillbilly

Glad you guys made it safely home . It was great to meet you , Chris   and Captain at Paul Bunyon .  I'll bet you are still telling stories about your roadtrip .  :D  

Something that I thought was funny at Paul Bunyon is when my boy ask me why Captain was putting the log under the mill. He said doesn't that guy know the log goes on top of the mill . :o   We had a little dicussion and came back the second time to watch the mill in action  so he understood how your mill operates .
Hillbilly

Wife

I'm still laughing about the piggy comment  ;D :D

Actually I don't admit this in public - city folk get a bit wierd...but our "pet" pigs do turn into "big pigs" and then yep, "dinner". In fact our big one, Mudwiggle, that the kids used to ride on a few months back, is going to be sizzling on OUR spit in exactly 3 weeks...luau and all...yuuuuuummmm. So them grits will taste mighty FINE, thank you Jeff !! And thanks DanG for givin' Chris them grits  :)
Kerris, in the background....
Petersons Global Sales Ltd
15c Hyland Cres
Rotorua, New Zealand
www.petersonsawmills.com
kbrowne@petersonsawmills.com
Ph +64 7 3480863

Ga_Boy

QuoteAnd still got them grits. First batch a bit sticky - tried to "pudding" it with sugar etc, but ended up being gobbled by Wilbur (pet piglet). He loves Americans now.
Kerris, thats the absolute correct way to treat grits. Almost. Next time feed them to a piggy you plan on eating later. Grits will make wonderful pork sandwiches given enough time. :)

Jeff,

I've heard that people get struck by lighting for saying things like that.

Matrk

Jeff

DanG

Kerris, don't you pay no attention to that Jeff feller. He got choked on a pastie, some years back, and he ain't had appreciation for good food since. ;D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fla._Deadheader

We interrupt this thread for a brief moment. Gotta go fix me a big Plate-O-Grits. 8) 8) ;D ;D ;)

Got my grits and toast, Mmmmmmmm, but missed out on my Marmite :'(
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

woodbeard

Fla._Deadheader

:o :o :o :o I know 1 thing. At least the Grits don't have that "WORD" printed in front of 'em.  :o :o :o :o

Is that where that Marmite is built, or, is that who is sellin the stuff ???  ::) ::) ::)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Ga_Boy

Me and Amber (daughter) I just got up from eating us some  grits, eggs, bacon and toast with applebutter; yum yum. Debbie (mom) had eggs and bacon; she is from Maryland and don't appreciate good food like some other folks. ;)

Jeff, you don't know what you are missing.  I almost feel sorry for ya; almost. ;D

Mark

Jeff

I know exactly what I am missing. I spent a week with Tom. I will admit, that day old coagulated grits fried in side pork grease is tolerable if you can dip em in egg yoke.

Problem is, coagulated really should not be a word you need to use to describe the process in which a food becomes edible.

Fla._Deadheader

Wrong again. ;D ;D ;D

I b'leeve that Coagitrated word was used in buildin that LUTE Stuff.  ::) ::) ::) ::)  I'ma gonna hafta go to lookin UP that Lute Stuff receipt. ::) ::)

Here ya go. This stuff is so bad, ya gotta burn it with LYE before ya can swaller it. ::) ::) ::)  In the South, LYE is used to make Sope, to scrub the dirt loose.  ::) ::) ::) :D

Lute Stuff Receipt.

Lutefisk (dried cod treated with lye) must surely be the strangest culinary effort credited to the Norwegians, but what a treat when prepared properly. Everyone of course is not a devotee of lutefisk, but those who are defend it vehemently. Others go to the opposite extreme and claim it's a national disgrace. In years past, the homemaker had to go through the complicated task of treating the dry fish with lye, but now, even in America, frozen lutefisk is readily available at selected fish markets and at Scandinavian delicatessens

First, it is ridiculed;

Jeff

That aint no northern thing unless its a northeastern or northwestern thing. I aint never heard of it.

Fla._Deadheader

Dear Mr. Brokaw. Please go to-------- Uhhh, The "Thanksgiving Food" thread and scroll to reply #29. You must have been away from the Forum, so, I am not surprised that you never heard of that LUTE STUFF. NOW, maybe you will take me a little more seriously, EH ??? :D :D :D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Woodcarver

We bought our country place from a gentleman by the name of Larsen, who bought it from his father-in-law, who was an Olson.
Our neighbors are Wogsland, Swensen, Gullickson, and Issacson. Lutefisk and leftse (unleavened potato bread) are the ham and cornbread of this area. Don't know what I'm doing here, I prefer ham and cornbred.  :) :)
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

Ga_Boy

Woodcarver,

If ya got cornbread don't foget the Blackeyed peas or greens with pepper sauce.

I done went and fulng a craven on myself for some of them blackeyed peas. :o

Thank You Sponsors!