iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfighter

Yesterday I knocked out two benches to go with the table.

SIL came by after work and he took it home. Daughter loves it. She was surprised. She didn't know I was building it. ;D

fishfighter

My daughter sent this picture to me today. Her and SIL finished the table. Still has the benches to do. They did a real nice job. 6 coats of Spar Varnish.

thecfarm

WOW!!! That critter sure does shine.
You both are a match.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

samandothers

You did a great job on the table!  Their finish sure makes the grain pop.

fishfighter

Gave them a bunch of wood scraps to test what stain they liked best.

Magicman

Outstanding Paul, that table is a masterpiece!!  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Why thanks all. It was a fun project to do. Was no rush. Biggest thing was hiding it away from my daughter till it was finished. She didn't know I was building it. ;D

I need to get back to work on the house build, but I been picking up some real nice SYP logs for free. They will be used for lap siding for a rent house that my daughter and SIL bought. They had added on to it and need to match the lap siding. To bad I can't get cypress.

Fog is very thick this morning which is keeping me off the road for a trip. :(

Magicman

Today's Cypress probably would not be much improvement over the SYP.  Most that I saw run in the 20" category with very little heartwood.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

You are right Lynn. :( I did get out and planned out around 200BF of oak that I sawed up a good time ago. First had to resaw it. It was 7" wide, had to saw it down to 6". All this is for base boards. Guess that is a step in the right direction. ;D

Weekend_Sawyer

Paul, I have been following this thread since the beginning.
First let me say I am sorry for all the trouble you have been through.
some of the posts in this thread broke my heart.

Second is that you are one hell of a craftsman.
beautiful work throughout this thread.

Thank You for sharing
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

fishfighter

Why thanks Jon. Still waiting on Kaso to send my blades. Been over a week. :(

Anyway, had a very good time with my grandson for Halloween. He was a scary clown, me a bearded lady. :D Yes, I did have a dress on. :D Bad thing, just as we were finishing up trick or treating, didn't I stepped were I shouldn't. :o Yep, busted my butt and left hip. Yep, a bad one. Using a dam walker to get around. >:( 

Magicman

Whoa Paul, hopefully it is not broken.  Stay in touch and give us an update.

fishfighter

Hey Lynn, I a bit better this morning. Able to put a little weight on my left leg. Still having a bunch of pain, but that eased up some. Should be good in a couple days. ;D

Today is our 39Th anniversary. Going to try taking the wife out to dinner.

thecfarm

I think dinner would be a good idea. You need the rest. And a few points with the wife helps too. ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Dinner is a good idea and Happy Anniversary.  smiley_love

Now for a "none of my business" question.  It's fairly well know that I loves me some cajun cooking so tell we what a coonass orders when he goes out to eat??  ;D

fishfighter

There is a outstanding Mexican place here in town. Outstanding food. Got to have much season in the food to please a coonass. :D

Magicman

You are a good man Paul.  :)

LeeB

Quote from: fishfighter on November 03, 2018, 09:25:20 AM
There is a outstanding Mexican place here in town. Outstanding food. Got to have much season in the food to please a coonass. :D
Wait up, ain't Ventress north of I-10?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

fishfighter

Yes it is. We have a bunch of Mexicans that live in the area due to sugarcane grown here. Very hard to find field help these days if you know what I mean. >:( 

LeeB

How much cane work is there now that isn't mechanized? 
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

fishfighter

It's still hand planted. That has to be done every 3 years. Then you need labor to drive field equipment and over the road drivers. The trailers they pull on the road are loaded up well over 100K. It's the only crop in the state that can have over 80K loads. >:(

LeeB

I well remember the muddy roads and a few hairy moments during cutting time.

fishfighter

Just a update. Still using a walker to get around. Doing the insurance game waiting for them to OK a CT. >:( Unreal. >:( Taking a bad fall and bruised to hell, one would think one could walk a week later. :o

My neck is better after that last shot, so that is a go. ;D

I did get my saw blades in today ;D They dropped them off under my carport. Bad thing, it's been raining a lot here with more rain to come the next few days. Will get my daughter to put them away out the weather. Just can't do it myself. >:(

Will talk to SIL to see if he has the time to come over and start sawing the siding. I know he wants to get that done, so I can always sit, watch and tell him what needs to be done and me drinking beers. :D

Magicman

Well at least you can still laugh.  :D

fishfighter

I have to Lynn. DanG walls are closing in on me. Going to do a road trip today just to get out. I'm in need of a new air nailer. ;D My 16 ga nailer started giving me a little trouble. Then again it's about 15 years old.

Thank You Sponsors!