iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Quickie Quiz Jackpot #8

Started by mesquite buckeye, February 14, 2013, 07:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Jay C. White Cloud

??? ??? ???
I'm thinking....

May need to know more?

Native to only AZ or South West?

How big?
"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Jay C. White Cloud on February 15, 2013, 09:43:28 AM
??? ??? ???
I'm thinking....

May need to know more?

Native to only AZ or South West?

How big?

Clue #2  Introduced.

Clue #3 Big

mesquite buckeye

Clue # 4:  Both are wet to show figure.

Jay C. White Cloud

Pretty Wood.

Eucalyptus of some species?

"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Jay C. White Cloud on February 15, 2013, 10:37:51 AM
Pretty Wood.

Eucalyptus of some species?

All too easy, know which one?????? ;D

giant splinter

roll with it

Jay C. White Cloud

If it's an invasive species, I would say it's either a Red or Blue Gum Eucalyptus globulus or camaldulensis if it's a planted variety, I could only really guess. ??? ::)

How was it to mill?

Regards,

jay

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: giant splinter on February 15, 2013, 03:52:52 PM
Eucalyptus Camaldulensis (wet)

We have a winner!!!!!!  All too easy......... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :o :o :o :o

smiley_bounce smiley_bounce smiley_bounce smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_blue_bounce smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_bounce smiley_bounce

smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping

Jay C. White Cloud

8) 8) 8)

Great Job Giant Splinter!!!!

:) Next please :) :D ;D :snowball: :o

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Jay C. White Cloud on February 15, 2013, 04:34:29 PM
If it's an invasive species, I would say it's either a Red or Blue Gum Eucalyptus globulus or camaldulensis if it's a planted variety, I could only really guess. ??? ::)

How was it to mill?

Regards,

jay

Well, splinter finally beat you out. Nice to spread it around anyway.

Easy to mill, but turns everything near the mill permanently blood red.

Extremely difficult to dry without prezeling or cracking to pieces.

After it lays around for about 10 years or so it gets pretty stable. ;D 8) 8)

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Jay C. White Cloud on February 15, 2013, 05:47:13 PM
8) 8) 8)

Great Job Giant Splinter!!!!

:) Next please :) :D ;D :snowball: :o

I need to find another harder one.......... ;D

mesquite buckeye

giant splinter

Jay had the answer but he stopped to eat lunch and I showed up, so I think Mr J. C. White Cloud deserves a little credit as well he might have got that win if I had not turned up during his absence.
I should have thrown in Manzanita just for fun but the hints in this case where right on so I went for the self-cleaning tree.
Thanks and lets see what he throws at us next :)
roll with it

mesquite buckeye

Here is a frame I made from flame figure red gum eucalyptus.

Jay C. White Cloud

:o Now that is quite nice my friend!!! 8)

mesquite buckeye

Thanks. Took the picture on the Res west of town. :)

Jay C. White Cloud

The dust-Ion tails and Coma looks like Halley's...is it?

mesquite buckeye

Hale-Bopp during an outburst late March, 1997.

Jay C. White Cloud

Very Nice! I loved that shot you took.  Makes you realize what traveling long distances is all about.  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!