iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sharpening Blades

Started by NCForester, March 27, 2014, 10:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCForester

Just finished setting and sharpening about 50 dull blades from jobs over the past month.  Getting ready to start my next job Monday.  The work has been rolling in this winter and spring.  I'm booked up till July right now.  Life is running smoothly. 

On my way to meet my wife for lunch.

Take care!

dboyt

Good to hear!  And glad you're remembering to spend time with family.  When things get rough, think about times like this will help get you through.  Here's wishing you (& everyone on the forum) good & safe sawmilling for a long time to come.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Weekend_Sawyer

It's great to hear good news! 8)

We sometimes forget to say when things are going good but the opposite is not always true.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

m wood

Excellent NC!  That IS always good to hear. Positive positive vibes just came my way too.
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

pine

I have to get my sharpener set up and do some blades.  Glade you have got yours done for now.

drobertson

Not sure what's better, getting your blades all caught up, or having that lunch with the Mrs.  Sounds like you just got the double bonus! 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Chuck White

Whew...... I couldn't imagine looking at 50 blades that needed to be sharpened.  :-\

You should be good for a while now!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Quote from: NCForester on March 27, 2014, 10:13:12 AMThe work has been rolling in this winter and spring.  I'm booked up till July right now.
My phone is also ringing and the jobs are stacking up.  I have been knocking out the small ones getting ready for a busy year.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!