iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

David Bolstad

Started by Jeff, November 21, 2011, 10:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I got a sad note from Bailey's today that David Bolstad died.  Many of you may have met Dave at one of the Sawmill Shootouts.

Our good friend Dave Bolstad unexpectedly passed away last weekend. Bailey's sponsored Dave for several years in the Stihl Timbersports Series and the Portable Sawmill Shootout. He visited both Laytonville and Woodland on numerous occasions, and many here at Bailey's did tradeshows with him. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife Michele and their two children.

Champion axeman dies after winning competition
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

CHARLIE

So young and so unexpected.  My prayers tonight will be for his wife and two children.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Texas Ranger

Sad, but he died doing what he loved. 
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

beenthere

Sorry to hear of the loss.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Autocar

Sorry to hear about this.
Bill

Magicman

How very sad.  Condolences to the family.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Meadows Miller

My deepest condolences go out  to Dave's Wife kids and Family  :(

Yeah Im still in abit of shock myself about it all  as I got told the day after it happened  :o :o :) :) :) I only spent three days with him at the Shootout only 5 weeks ago and all I can say is its the last thing I expected as we had made plans to catch up when he was in Australia and he invited me there He was a Top Bloke  and Will be Missed    :o :o ??? ??? :( :( :( :(

Best Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Warbird

I'm so sorry to hear this.  Our prayers go out to his family.

customsawyer

Sorry to hear this our thoughts and prayers go to the family. Met him at the shoot out in S.C. and he was a very nice man.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Chuck White

That is just plain sad, and at such a young age.

Condolences to the family!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!