iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

M-14 singing again

Started by Don P, August 11, 2019, 09:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don P

We fired up @apm 's Belsaw today. Rick and I picked it up, I think almost 2 years ago but both got busy with other things. Rick has been working on concrete foundations for it over the past couple of months as he had time and assembled it over this past week. We were sawing on the Lucas for about 10 hours yesterday in a hot parking lot doing a demonstration at the county fair but he mentioned he was ready if I could come over, check it, and help him dial it in. I helped Michelle clean up at the fairgrounds this morning and went over this afternoon. He had done a great job getting it set up. All that was left was to hang the blade and guides, set the lead and fire it up to see how it spins. Seemed fine so we threw on a small red oak and it cut pretty well. We stopped and sharpened up and then it really started cutting. I think we put a half dozen logs through it and it seems to be cutting pretty well. We are working up to a trip over to the nearby saw doctors shop and will take that blade in for a tuneup then but she's up and running well 8).

Southside

Sounds like a good time was had by all, but I saw the title and was thinking you had a different kind of fun.   :D  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

thecfarm

The last sentence is mighty important when sawing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

apm

That's awesome! You're making me miss it :D.

But, you know we need pictures.

Greg
Timberking 1600 now

Meadows Miller

G'day 

Great to hear you got The M-14 dialed in and sawing well APM's/Greg's mill was a good one I almost brought it but heard you where coming to look at it it will serve you well 

I'll still buy one one of these days they are a great little circular mill imho 

Regards Chris 
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Meadows Miller

Quote from: apm on August 12, 2019, 07:43:18 AM
That's awesome! You're making me miss it :D.

But, you know we need pictures.

Greg
We most definately do need pictures !!!
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Don P

It went to good home, I wish it had been set up there about 6 years ago. I hauled a lot of logs home and took boards and timbers back digging 9' under and then rebuilding their old farmhouse, but, better late than never. Rick got the bug and has played on my mill a number of times :D.

After we built the wraparound porches and reframed the house we made paneling and trim out of a number of species and it turned out nice.

I had the camera in the truck but Michelle stole my truck halfway through the day. I'll try to take it next time. Right now it is out in the weather, the trusses and beams for the sawshed are ready and we were sawing roof sheathing so hopefully that will happen soon. The Deutz is here waiting on swapping out with my tractor. I need to pour a pad and then get it secured in there. I fire it up just to hear it every now and then. That will solve my horsepower problems.

Raider Bill

Quote from: Southside on August 11, 2019, 11:11:37 PM
Sounds like a good time was had by all, but I saw the title and was thinking you had a different kind of fun.   :D  
LOL, Me too figured finally something I know a little about. :rifle:
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

scsmith42

That's great news Don!  Can't wait to see pix.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

captain_crunch

Hello captain crunch here hope you remember me and my Bellsaw mill I fractured my neck and have been in wheelchair since going to teach my buddy how to be my legs and run my mill
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Weekend_Sawyer

I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles Captain.
I hope things are working out.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Don P

Hey Captain,
Sure I remember you, we're a pretty small group amongst all the other mills. I'm sorry to hear this. I hope your buddy takes to it, sawmilling isn't for everyone but if its in your blood it is an enjoyable way to spend your days and I enjoy it more with company. Years ago when I worked the rough mill in a cabinet and millwork shop one of the guys there was in a wheelchair. I was always impressed with what he could do to get it done... including the time a cutterhead let go when he was beside me at the molder, he beat me outta the shop while jumping that chair over boards on the floor. Then there was the time I threw a horseshoe and it chased him down :-[. Don't be a stranger, let us know how it's going or if we can help brainstorm anything to help you out.

Thank You Sponsors!