iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new old parts

Started by coxy, November 30, 2013, 01:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

I have a brand new diesel motor for my case skidder (motor is a case) but fell on the concrete and broke the block (got it cheap ) I was wondering if I could push out the sleeves and pistons and rods and the rod bearings and put in another motor with new o rings and gaskets  what are your thoughts

Maine logger88

Man that sucks >:( but I don't see why not it shouldn't have hurt anything for internals just find a block and a new gasket set and your good to go. Good luck with whatever you decide to do
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

timberlinetree

If u already have the parts and can find a block u could have a nice motor and save some money. The mechanic put new selves /pistons on our detroit and it ran like a champ. Good luck
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Ed_K

Check out Truck & Trailer mag. there's a number of co's that have engines,transmissions & differentials for sale.
Ed K

coxy

the motor in my skidder is getting tired :'( and I wanted to know if I could put the new parts from the broken block in my block  my motor still runs but has major major blow by but does not use any oil maybe 2-3 quarts a week   the new motor with the broken block was bought  brand new from case the guy was on loading it and the chain broke and it hit on the corner of motor  :( I got the motor for scrap price 8) so a little time and a few bucks for gaskets  o rings and silly pudie I should have a good motor  ps it is going to be a in frame rebuild

ScottAR

Don't see why it wouldn't work especially since you'll likely reuse your crank.  I would buy new liner O rings as they are a bear to change out if they don't seal.  Keep track of head bolt locations and rocker stud locations.  Some head bolts are longer than others.  The 207 in my 580 backhoe has a hole in one rocker stud that oiled the rocker arms.  It goes in a certain hole.  If I can help just say the word as I have a factory shop manual for the 580d which has the 207 in it and pics for the nearly identical 188. 
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Thank You Sponsors!