iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ford F 350 trouble check engine light.

Started by MartyParsons, March 31, 2018, 04:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyParsons

Hello,
  engine light on. Off to the dealer.  ::) Part not in stock? May go into limp mode.  :o.
52,000 miles. Not covered under warranty, but we purchased extended warranty. Still going to have a deductible charge.
Tech Bulletin 17-2237.
Truck seems to be ok, not seen it regen for awhile. Particulate Matter Sensor GC3Z-5L239-A
is the part I need. Part should be at the dealer Tuesday.

Marty

Illuminated MIL with DTCs P24AE, P24B1, P24DA, P24C6 and/or P24C7 ? 2016 Ford | Ford
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

dgdrls

Marty,

sorry to see this,  seems you've had your share of engine problems on those diesel Fords,
Maybe time for some Gassers??

good luck

D

DelawhereJoe

It may time to do away with the def system, there are Ford def delete kits out there only side effect is it voids the warranty.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Marty, which engine do you have in your truck.... I don't remember?

Is it the 6.7?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Gearbox

Go in and stomp your feet . that is a pollution part and should be covered for 100 000 miles .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Don_Papenburg

I rented a 21ft. uhaul van with a Cleveland gas v8 .It was E series maybe same chassis as f 450.  loaded with metal framed wood faced panels .  That thing had better pickup than my wifes little Pontiac and it didnot use all that much gas . I am guessing about 8mpg . No DEF and you can get fuel any place .  The best part it had knobs on the ac/ heater controls !!!!!!  not them stupid  touch buttons with lcd readouts that can't be seen in daylight. If the neew 3/4, one tons  have that set up I might be in the market for an f series.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

MartyParsons

Hello,
  Yes I agree. The 6.4 has been deleted. It is in the shop for some major repair, head gaskets and a new high pressure fuel pump. We have an 2002 5.4 Triton gas and it also has gave me some challenges with the spark plugs.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

coxy

that part is under factory ford warranty till a 100k don't let them BS you 

MartyParsons

OK 
   How do I explain that to them? 
Says Eligible under provisions of new vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage. I would assume my limits are up?
Marty

coxy

my buddy just had to do the same with his truck and they told him it was covered till 100k its a 2016 with 64k miles  its part of the emissions  after they did the work his def low light keeps coming on when the tank is still 3/4 full my other buddy has an 2012 and never had any trouble with his and has 180k on it  I'm thinking they may have changed a few things for the newer trucks cause there is a few people having the same thing go wrong or the newer parts is junk  did you look on the web for the ford warranty  i think it says it there till 100k on all emissions 

snowstorm

it may depend on what state you are in. i got a letter from ford some of the emission stuff was extended to 120k. 

DelawhereJoe

WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

MartyParsons

Hello,
   I hate to go to the programmer and delete the emission stuff. But if it keeps giving issues it would be time to take matters into something I can control.
Dropping of the truck Friday morning. Like everyone deals with is down time. It is an 1 + drive to the dealer. They were good about getting it in and checking it out. Not sure about the deductible charge. I will need to do some research on this before Friday.
The one thing I am not crazy about is the DEF fluid and no gauge it warns you that you have 500 miles to go no other measurement device and you cant see the level when you are filling it .  It will tell you the door is open and you need to stop NOW and the trailer is disconnected and some other messages that I think are silly.
M

MartyParsons

Hello, 
   I called Ford customer service hot line. Not much info there basically they said to call the dealer and they (Ford ) would support them and their decision. Warranty for emissions is 80,000 and I am at 53,000. Apparently this is not an emission part. ? ::)
All good. 
M  

GRANITEstateMP

Marty,

I work at a dealership (different make) a lot of the folks on the desk(s) don't know what they are talking about...  Your best bet is to go in with as much information as you can, let them know you've been reading up on the issues and ask if it's covered as part of the extended emissions warranty.  I've seen 4 or 5 different service managers at my dealer in the 12ish years I've been here, they all handle these things a bit differently.  If the service writer doesn't give you an answer you think is correct ask to speak to the service manager, they are the ones with the pull, and normally they also have the most knowledge.  If you can, print a copy of the TSB or Extended Warr. paperwork and present it to him.  Most manufacturers can also do a "goodwill" repair.  This means that even though your vehicle is out of warranty, the dealer and the manufacturer will do the repair (at there discretion).  The goodwill usually will only get used as a last resort, it's also only a one time deal, most of the time on a vehicle just out (time or mileage or both) or warranty.  Hope some of that helps!

Most of the time at my place the person that goes off the handle doesn't get what they want, but the one who asks questions gets pretty far...  Also calls to the manufactures customer experience center will usually result in calls to the dealer from the manufacture, that can help to.

When in doubt, ask the parts department, they generally know what's going on... (I'm a parts guy so I'm kinda bias)
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

MartyParsons

Hello,
  All good back in business. Did pay my deductible. Part was listed under the 3 year 36,000 mile. Took the bike and it rode home in the back.

snowstorm

3 and 36k covers everything 5 and 60 for powertrain 5 and 100k for motor and most parts installed at a ford dealer has a 2 yr warranty 

MartyParsons

Hello,
   sure do love them Ford trucks!  Yea you know there is a catch don't you! ::)

Back to the dealer with the light on. This time we dropped it off with the light on and they said no light when they checked it out. It did have a stored code P0170.

Anyone have a OBDII tool that works with an I-phone?  Looks like a love hate relationship for some. BlueDriver Blue tooth Some other manufactures.

Thanks

Marty

Brian_Rhoad

Klicker

Marty I have the Blue Driver reader and like it. I had codes on my grand caravan going on and off. I felt I needed more info then I was getting  at the garage  so I got the blue driver and it mot only tells you the code but what it means.
2006 LT 40 HD

Thank You Sponsors!