iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

block heater for a Cat D-318

Started by Mt Horse Logger, December 08, 2013, 04:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddcuning

The side recirculating heaters are made by Kim out of Spokane Wa. Look up KIM Hotstart on Ebay. I have a Kim on both my mill and generator. I just bought a new one for the generator for a hundred bucks. Found someone on Ebay selling kids clothes, shoes, etc. with a New Kim Hotstart in the middle of all that stuff. I figured they didn't know what they had so I offered $60 less than their buy it now price and they took It.

Dave C
We're debt free!!! - Dave C, Nov 2015

bandmiller2

Dave,is that Kim the one that uses propane or kero and a flame,seems that would be perfect for a no electric power mill. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

ddcuning

The one I got was electric, I am not sure about alternate heat sources but you could check their web site. Price goes way up when you stray from 120/240v and get above 2000watts. At least that is what I found when looking for mine. The Cummins on the mill came with a 240v version and my gen set had a 120v model. Both had integrated stat.

Dave C
We're debt free!!! - Dave C, Nov 2015

Mt406

Hi Mt Horse
I grew up there. I may have some names for you. send me a privet message  with your number. I also live south of you 125 miles.
I should be passing though that way in a couple of weeks. would like to see your set up.

Scott

Thank You Sponsors!