iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Possom huntin

Started by Banjo picker, April 16, 2011, 08:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjo picker

I don't ever rember going hunting just for Possoms, but when I was a young lad I had a shepard dog that would tree one if it ever came around and you would either go get the critter or you would not get any sleep....In recent years I have bagged several because my bulldog will raise a rucus when the Possoms get in the porch swing to eat the cat food...but this morning Possom hunting took on a whole new meaning....we have been having some really bad weather...so my bride insists on keeping the kitchen window open just a bit...Don't want the house to blow up if a tornado creates a vacum...( I don't buy into that but an open window is not worth the trouble to debate with her)...any way  the kithchen window is open about 1/4 .....the front door latch is a bit iffy...it needs to be dead bolted....to make sure its shut.....about 6 oclock this morning a good breeze opens the door..Deb gets up and when she gets in the living room...Banjo has dispatched a fairly large Possom in the middle of the floor....Took him about 4 or 5 seconds....He must have been on the porch looking for the cat food and thought the open door policy was for him....bad move on his part...Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

WDH

The only possums that I hunt are on my porch too.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

That wasn't his first time on the porch, just his last.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

treefarmer87

when i was younger i used to catch them all the time in the yard at night trying to get my mothers guineas
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

northwoods1

Quote from: Banjo picker on April 16, 2011, 08:52:56 PM
.Banjo has dispatched a fairly large Possom in the middle of the floor....Took him about 4 or 5 seconds....He must have been on the porch looking for the cat food and thought the open door policy was for him....bad move on his part...Tim

Good dog!  :D A possum wouldn't make it very far through my door I got 2 dogs laying right there inside it just wishing one would try. Not fun this time of year though if I let the dogs out at night I always have to go out and make sure the coast is clear from bears, I normally hollar a bit to give them a running start before I let the dogs loose so they just bark a bit then come right back. Bears are always prowling around right near the house this time of year they are hungry, not unlike possums I suppose.

WDH

Never had a porch bear  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Norm

I hate possums, the only pest I dislike more is skunks. This time of year they are always getting in our sheds so I keep the .22 handy for when one shows up.

I was over at my buddies place last week and he had a dead one outside his shed. I didn't give it much thought until a couple of days later it was still there and not one bit better smelling. When I asked him about it he said he was going to donate it to the eagles in Decorah.  :D

submarinesailor

Never had a porch bear?

Yes, I have.

Not very good pictures. But, it was on the porch!  This is the one I tried to run off with a boat horn.  It looked at me while I was blowing the horn at it and then laid back down for a nap.  Will it had better places to be when the 44 mag cleared its head by about 4 inches.

Bruce

Norm

Well there's your problem, it's sighted in 4"s high.  :D

submarinesailor

Momma and the kids were watching ----------thinking I was going to be eaten by the bear.  44 hollow points at 240 grains.......... I don't think so.  smiley_thumbsup

Thank You Sponsors!